Apple Music - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's changed the album art on numerous albums in my library - most are incorrect - for an OCD sufferer this is a calamity.

I feel your pain.

Spotify is bad for that, and even worse for playing the wrong version of a song.

The music library on my iMac still has the correct album art work. I'll just need to tough it out for three months unless there's a cancellation option. This is almost as bad as the time Apple forced U2 upon unsuspecting users.

Ahh... I was having a look through my music library the other day (trying to clear some memory) and wondered where that U2 album had come from.. Glad I didn't accuse the wife of downloading it now!

Ahh... I was having a look through my music library the other day (trying to clear some memory) and wondered where that U2 album had come from.. Glad I didn't accuse the wife of downloading it now!

:lol:

I'm using the free trial to experiment with stuff I wouldn't have otherwise have bothered to investigate. I'm slowly coming round to it.

This is my first attempt to get right through Sandinista.

Edited by Charlie Endell

I've added a couple of CDs to 'My Music' but 'My Music' won't sync with my phone as iTunes Match is on - apparently I need to go into Settings > Music and switch it off, but there's no option there to switch iTunes Match off... :hammer:

I was just coming on to post something similar. I've got a 16GB iPhone and about 100GB worth of music in my iTunes account so I can't juts have it auto sync when the phone is connected and always just manually add or remove what I want on the phone however with Apple Music and the iCloud Music Library switched on they remove the option to Manually manage music and video (becomes just manually manage video). I've not been able to figure out how to work round that so I've just cancelled Apple Music as it was making things too confusing. I might get the Apple Music back but only have it on my iPad so I can use it with Sonos but I'll be leaving it for now.

Eventually I managed to resolve this (after much brain ache...) - switched off iCloud Music Library and signed out of iTunes Store on both my phone and iMac - it then let me manually sync my music, so I'm now listening to the Chocolate Watchband on my way to work.

The music I'd download to my phone from Apple Music was still there when I turned iCloud Music Library back on and signed back into iTunes Store on my phone.

Eventually I managed to resolve this (after much brain ache...) - switched off iCloud Music Library and signed out of iTunes Store on both my phone and iMac - it then let me manually sync my music, so I'm now listening to the Chocolate Watchband on my way to work.

The music I'd download to my phone from Apple Music was still there when I turned iCloud Music Library back on and signed back into iTunes Store on my phone.

Ah OK, I might try this over the weekend to see if it works. Seems like a bit of a ballache though!!

sorry havent read the full thread above but have had experience of Spotify changing my daughters tunes - replacing radio edit versions with alternatives full of swear words etc. or just replacing some versions with different sh*t ones. has anyone else had this? not had the same probelms with my napster account.

re Apple - have never like the whole i-Tunes set up. difficult to use with too many restrictions on what you can do with the content. intend to move away from apple stuff. Their attitude stinks too. had many problems with the whole i-Tunes synching thing over the years.

sorry havent read the full thread above but have had experience of Spotify changing my daughters tunes - replacing radio edit versions with alternatives full of swear words etc. or just replacing some versions with different sh*t ones. has anyone else had this? not had the same probelms with my napster account.

re Apple - have never like the whole i-Tunes set up. difficult to use with too many restrictions on what you can do with the content. intend to move away from apple stuff. Their attitude stinks too. had many problems with the whole i-Tunes synching thing over the years.

I've got a Patrick Cowley remix of I Feel Love on my phone and when I was listening to it walking home the other day I could have sworn it was a different version but assumed it was just my imagination. I'll give it another listen shortly to clarify!

I never had any problems syncing (I've been using iTunes since 2010) until I decided to give Apple Music a try this month.

It has still effed up the artwork on some albums and I noticed the bonus tracks on Back in the DHSS are mixed up - Trumpton Riots shows as Albert Hammond Bootleg and vice versa.

I've got a Patrick Cowley remix of I Feel Love on my phone and when I was listening to it walking home the other day I could have sworn it was a different version but assumed it was just my imagination. I'll give it another listen shortly to clarify!

do you use spotify? definitely does this. did it to tw0 or three tracks on my duaghter play list. I had to manually change them back. bizarre.