National Lottery - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I've just discovered I had a near miss with the lottery at the weekend. Been putting on my own ticket for years and had 3 numbers on Saturday, won 25 quid. Was just checking the one I put on with the girls at work and that also had 3 numbers and won 25 quid. However it was a different 3 numbers on each ticket so technically I had all 6 winning numbers. If they'd been on the one ticket I'd have won £4.3M. I won 30 quid..... :cry:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just discovered I had a near miss with the lottery at the weekend. Been putting on my own ticket for years and had 3 numbers on Saturday, won 25 quid. Was just checking the one I put on with the girls at work and that also had 3 numbers and won 25 quid. However it was a different 3 numbers on each ticket so technically I had all 6 winning numbers. If they'd been on the one ticket I'd have won £4.3M. I won 30 quid..... :cry:

I once had all 5 euro millions numbers and the two lucky stars over two lucky dip lines.

Not sure I even got £30!

I put a lucky dip on a few weeks back as i was in a rush. If i had put my own numbers on i would have won 100 quid. Glad it was only that and not all of them.

For this reason I only ever play lucky dips. Imagine having numbers then forgetting to play them and the numbers coming up.

J

Aye that's why I only ever get lucky dips if I forgot to put my numbers on and they came out when it was a mega draw on the Euros I don't know what I'd do

I only play online so I never have to check the numbers. I know fine well it's a waste of money - I have a better chance of getting knocked down by a bus on the way home tonight - but it's only buttons to play (£8 a week for one entry in each Euro and Lotto draw).

Similar thing happened to me - I'd 3 numbers on my normal line but the draw was on a Christmas Eve so my sister had given us all a lucky dip each as part of our Christmas present and I got the other 3 numbers on the lucky dip line. Gutted!

guy at work used same numbers,most of them came up one week,a sizeable sum was in the offing in excess of 100k,couldnt find the ticket,....deadline passed,no ticket....found the ticket months later in a jacket hanging in the garage...... :yikes3:

:shocked: Don't think I could ever forgive myself that!

A few years ago I left for a Saturday night out shouting through the back to my missus that I'd left a lucky dip to be checked on the arm of the couch.

The next day the wife told me she hadn't heard my request, and there was no sign of the ticket :(

A couple of days later I was changing my then 9 month old girl's nappy and discovered semi digested bits of paper amongst all the keech!

Fortunately I'd kept the till receipt from Tesco and was able to write to Camelot with the details so they could check if it was a winner. They kindly wrote back to put me out of my suspense. No win on the ticket but I couldn't have let it go unchecked just in case...

Edited by Toepoke

guy at work used same numbers,most of them came up one week,a sizeable sum was in the offing in excess of 100k,couldnt find the ticket,....deadline passed,no ticket....found the ticket months later in a jacket hanging in the garage...... :yikes3:

You would think he would have searched every single garment and turned the house upside down looking for it.