A New Low From "pro -Unionist Tabloids" - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

A New Low From "pro -Unionist Tabloids"

Considering how much slaughter went on in British Colonial times of all exotic animals in Africa, linking the "Crown" to the lion is just as uneducated. Although at the time the Xhosa tribe was considered animals anyway so no distinction was made between the slaughter of species.

Did the Times give any explanation of linking SNP and the lion? ??

Total utter bafflement on this one !!!

They're using negative associations, it's a tactic, a logical link is surplus to requirements.

I'm of the opinion the media needs sorting out before we can sort out the politicians. Least their influence is trending away albeit a lot more slowly than one would wish.

Nothing seems to get done within generations it all seems to be a case of waiting till the next one or one after .

Considering how much slaughter went on in British Colonial times of all exotic animals in Africa, linking the "Crown" to the lion is just as uneducated. Although at the time the Xhosa tribe was considered animals anyway so no distinction was made between the slaughter of species.

Animals, women, children. A proud history eh.

I think you are right re mainstream media. Used to be a time I would always watch the news at 6, then as I got older the news at ten. It was just the done thing.

Rarely watch any of them.

Twitter, and a scan of various websites gives me my news.

They will be an irrelevance in the future and they know it.

J

It's any number of sources. Any that are not filtered through our so called mainstream media before publishing or broadcasting.

Al Jazeera is an excellent, general worldwide news, broadcaster.

It is indeed. But compared to MS media I'd imagine their Scottish readership is teeny tiny.

I think the TAMB is a fairly decent place to start.

The sports sections shite... And really ill informed.

The Times responds to readers complaints:

EE443587-5CC9-4FCA-8CE6-F758C8771F23_zps

I really wish people wouldn't bite like that (or if they have to bite, bite in a "safe space" like the TAMB).

That smug response from The Times just goes to show they got exactly the response they were hoping for

It's just part of the lie and smear campaign designed to demonise and marginalise the SNP at every turn.

Yep. The cartoon makes no sense otherwise.

It might have made sense on another level if we had voted Yes: Salmond and Sturgeon posing proudly as the UK state is brought to its knees but really a massive backlash is about to ensue.

As it is, the British lion is still stoating about, pissing on things, eating other things, fully believing it is the king of the jungle.

Unlike poor Cecil. :(

Shite paper prints shite cartoon.

Some of you need to get out more.

Yep. Here was me thinking the consistency demonisation of the poor had set the bar in press lows... But no, printing a horrible cartoon about a horrible political parties what done it.