The Bus - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Buses are expensive. I used to be around 40% less in fuel than I would be in bus. £7-£8 for a return that cost me £4.50 in fuel. I never used the bus unless wad connecting point for Scotland trip of ironically to pick up a new car. Twice a year use a bus maybe.

Scottish Labour introduced a bill in parliament last year to regulate the buses. It included the government to have more control on prices of public service routes.

The Souter National Party rejected it... Can't imagine why.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch!

Had a stint on it yesterday so driving out of the question - ventured out to get the 6 - 15 minutes late - "Two pounds please" - silence - "Is the machine not working?" - silence - eventually he made the effort to press a button on the machine. Not a word uttered.

Do you refuse to even speak to bus drivers? Do you think they might be below your social station? Was he/she Romanian? I am assuming the words you quoted were uttered by the driver.

Guest flumax

Dunno why anyone fit and healthy would use a town bus. Just walk. Factor in waiting and continued stops is about same time and saves you £2-3.

Guest flumax

Glasgow's a big toon! My journey this morning was eight miles - I have walked it, but not with a hangover!

did say fit and healthy

Yes. Glasgows subway.

Rubbish! The clockwork orange is a gem. Admittedly, things can go downhill a bit depending on where you alight, but it is a fast, relatively inexpensive method of getting around the city (the inner section of it anyway). I actually think it his high time they expanded it.

On a side note, apparently Glasgow is one of the largest cities in Europe not to have some kind of integrated ticketing system for its public transport. I'd certainly hate to be a non-Weegie attempting to get around the city by bus. High time that was addressed too, IMO.

Rubbish! The clockwork orange is a gem. Admittedly, things can go downhill a bit depending on where you alight, but it is a fast, relatively inexpensive method of getting around the city (the inner section of it anyway). I actually think it his high time they expanded it.

On a side note, apparently Glasgow is one of the largest cities in Europe not to have some kind of integrated ticketing system for its public transport. I'd certainly hate to be a non-Weegie attempting to get around the city by bus. High time that was addressed too, IMO.

Aye, it's a total nonsense - especially when at one point buses and trains were both operated by First.

I like the Subway as well - if you want to go from the city centre to Great Western Road or Byres Road it's the way to go. They should install wifi though.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Aye, its a total nonsense - especially when at one point buses and trains were both operated by First.

I like the Subway as well - if you want to go from the city centre to Great Western Road or Byres Road it's the way to go. They should install wifi though.

Spot on btw. Our infrastructure is so far behind other european and even british cities it's embarrassing. There should be an oyster type system which can be used on every mode of transport and would encourage more people to use public transport to their work for example rather than taking the car.