Only A No Vote Secures Shipbuilding In Scotland - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Only A No Vote Secures Shipbuilding In Scotland

This would be some kick in the teeth for Scotland but why should we be surprised and astonished?

Is it because politicians, the establishment, and the media, might have masked the truth or worse (shock, horror) lied?

This option must have been under consideration for years. What is the source of today's "announcement". I can't see anything yet on BBC or even on BBC Scotland - now that is a surprise ?

31st Jan 2014:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-and-france-agree-closer-defence-co-operation

This builds on the Lancaster House Treaty of

2nd Nov 2010:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-france-defence-co-operation-treaty-announced--2

But you're right EKC - un-be-feckin-lievable

Comments by some unionists on the Scotsman page show them up as what some of them are. Bunch of North Brit tossers blaming the SNP for everything, these people should be ashamed of themselves, utter idiots.

I've given up reading the comments in the Scotsman. In fact I've pretty much given up reading the Scotsman website. It's like a loony bin.

I must admit, of all the promises/threats, and threatened reneging on promises, or sudden discovery of oil fields.... this one is a bit of a shock.

Shafting Scotland is one thing, but giving business to the French?

I must admit, of all the promises/threats, and threatened reneging on promises, or sudden discovery of oil fields.... this one is a bit of a shock.

Shafting Scotland is one thing, but giving business to the French?

It's the one thing I actually didn't expect to happen, it's a shocker and if it happens it's the one thing that will definitely bring about a swing to Yes in the next referendum.

Did you read that as "if it's a NO, the orders are secure"?

Do we assume the orders he was referring to were MoD "big ships"?

B2QqzAUCcAETCxT.jpg

Thanks ek_c - I waded straight in without checking the source you gave and I couldn't access the whole of the Hootsman article. Apart from that, it was a well-informed response ?

This is yet more clear evidence, as if it's needed, that WM just doesn't give a fvck about Scotland. Now they've got their NO vote, they'll happily arm SNP/YES with loads of scare material, predicated only on "mights" and "coulds" but which they (ScotGov) can then use to bury Scottish Labour. DC must be laughing his posh socks off......for now