First Female First Minister - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

First Female First Minister

Of course she did but how many women who were the best candidate haven't made it?

Lamia how many men have not made it who were the best candidates? Because they were of the wrong class, or have the wrong religion or were poor or were weak or were the wrong race... How many were slaughtered in Wars while your sex stayed at home or handed out white feathers? Behind every great (evil) man was a woman, until recently.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lamia how many men have not made it who were the best candidates? Because they were of the wrong class, or have the wrong religion or were poor or were weak or were the wrong race... How many were slaughtered in Wars while your sex stayed at home or handed out white feathers? Behind every great (evil) man was a woman, until recently.

I'm not normally exercised to ask this, but are you on something?

I dont care if Nicola Sturgeon is a woman, she is the most qualified within the SNP to assume the duties, so for that reason, Im delighted she has the post.

Sexual equality in Scottish politics is doing OK, Alexander, Davidson, Alexander and Goldie have done well for themselves.

There will never be a 50/50 split in top jobs, of any industry/sector. To think there should be is surely sexist in its self?

Lamia how many men have not made it who were the best candidates? Because they were of the wrong class, or have the wrong religion or were poor or were weak or were the wrong race...

I am not arguing against that. I am arguing for equality be if gender, race, social background whatever. You seem to be the one not support this

Well I can't speak for others but I would say no one gives a shit what sex the FM is so probably never thought to start a thread on it.

Nicola seems to give a shit

Edited by Lamia

I dont care if Nicola Sturgeon is a woman, she is the most qualified within the SNP to assume the duties, so for that reason, Im delighted she has the post.

Sexual equality in Scottish politics is doing OK, Alexander, Davidson, Alexander and Goldie have done well for themselves.

There will never be a 50/50 split in top jobs, of any industry/sector. To think there should be is surely sexist in its self?

Whether you think this is possible or not is one thing (to be honest I have no idea why it isn't but there you go - and no idea why this would be sexist) but the levels right now are not all that we can hope for. They are shockingly low

Edited by Lamia

I do - but right now it appears people think men are better

Lamia, the media war against men has been waging so long I am not surprised you think this. Men, Dads, whatever have been targeted by the media as the object of derision for my whole memory. At the same time you have been filled with indignation at all the bad things men have done to your sex. This is why I disliked that Alex Proud article, same shit, trying to turn one part against the other constantly.

Lamia, the media war against men has been waging so long I am not surprised you think this. Men, Dads, whatever have been targeted by the media as the object of derision for my whole memory..

I am talking about numbers in top jobs so no idea what point you are making - there are significantly less women so this "derision" you claim there is isn't impeding them.

At the same time you have been filled with indignation at all the bad things men have done to your sex.

No I haven't

No idea what rattled your cage but it is quite bizarre....

Whether you think this is possible or not is one thing (to be honest I have no idea why it isn't but there you go - and no idea why this would be sexist) but the levels right now are not all that we can hope for. They are shockingly low

They are low in some sectors, but Scottish politics isnt one of them.

The most recent stats I could find state that 67% of women aged between 16-64 are in employment, compared to 76% of males in the same age group. So it does make sense that more men would make their way to the top.

Its not an ideal world, but its hardly of a Dickensian nature. Being a man saying this, of course it will come across as sexist, but there will never be a 50/50 split in top jobs, the bigger issue is IMO is the pay inequality between the sexes.