Michael Brown Shooting - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Michael Brown Shooting

Been tuned in to the news for the last 2 hours while I study and it has been announced that the officer who shot Michael Brown has been cleared of all charges.

Now a lot of unrest in Ferguson with officers and protestors clashing, with cars set alight, tear gas and shots being fired.

Nasty scenes.

33kaw5w.png

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been following it each day for three months. Absolute animals using a thug's death as an excuse to loot shops. What has went on daily over here just hasn't been reported to the world. As usual the world will think, "poor innocent black kid" when in reality he was a gang member who broke the law.

Been following it each day for three months. Absolute animals using a thug's death as an excuse to loot shops. What has went on daily over here just hasn't been reported to the world. As usual the world will think, "poor innocent black kid" when in reality he was a gang member who broke the law.

Must admit I haven't been watching much of it.

He stole cigars and that is what led to the shooting? Obviously he was involved in more serious crime?

Must admit I haven't been watching much of it.

He stole cigars and that is what led to the shooting? Obviously he was involved in more serious crime?

He robbed a store then when he was apprehended in the street he ran aggressively towards an officer who had told him time and again to get his hands up. The officer warned him and he never listened. If you read the entire story it is clear as day that the officer is innocent. But the world's media loves a good story. The likes of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have stoked this to high heavens. They should be the ones done with hate crime. These animals on the street have no respect for order. It is an excuse to act as they do daily. There's never a peep at the daily murdering that goes on by black on white because it is simply viewed as a crime. Every single race here gets on with life except one. Those that live life daily on welfare! No wonder they have time to create carnage on the streets as us working citizens are too busy working!

Inevitable response from someone who doesn't see it daily.

See what though? I haven't watched it lately, but i watched around the time of the shooting and the media i read had him unarmed and he was shot , all because the officer escalated a confrontation cause he didn't want them crossing the street where he was.

See what though? I haven't watched it lately, but i watched around the time of the shooting and the media i read had him unarmed and he was shot , all because the officer escalated a confrontation cause he didn't want them crossing the street where he was.

The media created a story initially to sensationalise. To make it more "exciting" news. Michael Brown was told countless times to stop with his hands up but he ran aggressively towards a gun toting officer trying to obtain the officers gun may I add.

The media created a story initially to sensationalise. To make it more "exciting" news. Michael Brown was told countless times to stop with his hands up but he ran aggressively towards a gun toting officer trying to obtain the officers gun may I add.

Yeah but grand jury testimony is what i read in the media. I like how you start at the middle of the story with him running towards an officer. The incident started way before that.

Here's how someone who was there described it

"Brown had turned around and was facing Wilson. Brown was "balled up" with his arms under his stomach and he was "halfway down" to the ground. As he was falling, Brown took one or two steps toward Wilson because he was presumably hit and was stumbling forward; Wilson then shot him three or four times. Brady said that the pictures he took of Brown with his arms tucked in under his body is the position he was in as he was shot three or four more times by Wilson before hitting the ground"

here's another

"I saw the police chase him ... down the street and shoot him down." When Brown then raised his arms, the officer shot him two more times, killing him.

And another

"After the shot, the kid just breaks away. The cop follows him, kept shooting, the kid's body jerked as if he was hit. After his body jerked he turns around, puts his hands up, and the cop continues to walk up on him and continues to shoot until he goes all the way down."

or another

"On October 16, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch published an interview with a black Canfield resident who testified before the grand jury. The man, who did not want his name released, said he saw the entire event. Wilson drove past Johnson and Brown and then backed up again. A scuffle ensued in the police vehicle and Wilson's hat flew off. There was a gunshot at the vehicle, and then Brown ran down the street followed by Wilson. Wilson aimed his gun at Brown and repeatedly yelled "Stop", but did not fire until Brown turned around and stepped toward Wilson. At that point Wilson fired three shots. Brown staggered toward Wilson from 20 feet away with his hands out to his sides, when Wilson fired again. The witness said that Brown was already falling as the last shots were fired and that, in his opinion, the final shots were murder"

or another

"James McKnight said he witnessed the shooting and that Brown held his hands in the air just after he turned to face Wilson. He stumbled toward the officer, but didn't rush him, and "the officer was about six or seven feet away" from Brown"

or another

Phillip Walker, a 40-year-old resident of a nearby apartment complex, said he saw Brown walking "at a steady pace" toward Wilson with his hands up and that he "did not rush the officer", adding that Wilson's final shot was from a distance of about four feet

or another

Emanuel Freeman, a 19-year-old resident of a nearby apartment complex, on witnessing the shooting, began tweeting about the incident two minutes after it began. Freeman stated that Wilson fired twice at Brown while he was running away, and five more times after he turned around to face Wilson

These are eye-witness accounts. Can you find an eye-wtiness from the grand jury who said he was aggressively approaching the officer? I can't, which means your adding information for no good reason.

Edited by phart

The media created a story initially to sensationalise. To make it more "exciting" news.

Like saying he "he ran aggressively towards an officer" or not stopping when an officer tells you carries the death sentence, especially when you do actually stop and turn around as ordered.

It depends how many wanted stars Brown when the policeman started to shoot him.

If it is one star and the police has his gun on you, then you can surrender and get busted.

If you resist arrest when you are at one wanted star, then you automatically get another wanted star at which point the policeman will shoot you and you cannot surrender even if you want to.

If the policeman shoots you enough then you will get wasted.

It depends how many wanted stars Brown when the policeman started to shoot him.

If it is one star and the police has his gun on you, then you can surrender and get busted.

If you resist arrest when you are at one wanted star, then you automatically get another wanted star at which point the policeman will shoot you and you cannot surrender even if you want to.

If the policeman shoots you enough then you will get wasted.

Got to love the yank way of justice, the polis can tell you to do something, any hesitation becomes "failure to follow a lawful order", then they can shoot you dead, sprinkle some crack on you and get the feck out.

EDIT: i like how the prosecutor releases the information at night when all the trouble has been flaring as opposed to during the day and at the weekend as everyone suggested to minimise social unrest.

Edited by phart

In other related USA cops trigger happy news.

Police Shoot Dead 12-Year-Old Holding Fake Gun

Sean Dilley, Sky News Reporter

A police officer is under investigation after shooting dead a 12-year-old boy who pulled a replica gun from the waistband of his trousers in a playground.

Tamir Rice passed away in the early hours of Sunday in Cleveland, Ohio, the day after he was shot while holding the airsoft gun - which resembles a semi-automatic handgun but fires pellets.

A 911 call was made to Cleveland Police shortly before 3.30pm on Saturday by a caller who told dispatchers twice that the gun was "probably fake".

In the recording, he says: "There is a guy with a pistol ... Its probably fake, but hes pointing it at everybody."

Towards the end, he adds: "You know it's probably fake, but it's scaring the **** out of everyone."

Deputy chief of police Ed Tomba said one officer fired twice after the boy pulled the "fake weapon" - which did not have the orange safety indicator usually found on the muzzle of replicas.

He said that the boy did not make any verbal threats but grabbed the replica handgun after being told to raise his hands.

"Thats when the officer fired," Mr Tomba said.

The officer and his partner have been placed on administrative leave, which is standard procedure.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reported that the officers are a first-year rookie and a 10-year department veteran.

Jeff Follmer, president of the Cleveland Police Patrolmens Association, said the officers were not told that the 911 caller suspected the gun might have been fake.

He said the officers were dispatched to the playground outside a city recreation centre and saw the pistol sitting on a table or bench.

He said they watched as the boy grabbed the weapon and put it in his waistband.

A lawyer for the boy's family, Timothy Kucharski, said Tamir went to the park with friends, but he did not know the details of what led to the shooting.

"I don't want to make a rush to judgement," he said.

As part of the probe, the police department has collected surveillance video and other evidence and will present it to the county prosecutor's office, reports said.

Daniel Michael Margolis, a local criminal lawyer, told Sky News: "Whether the gun was real or not is immaterial. The officers have to assume its real, especially because it looks real.

"Theyre certainly not going to trust the observation of the 911 caller. There are also cases where orange safety indicators have been painted on real guns to make them look like replicas."

An Ohio state legislator, Alicia Reece, plans to introduce a bill that would make require all BB guns, air rifles and airsoft guns sold in Ohio to be brightly colored.

Yeah but grand jury testimony is what i read in the media. I like how you start at the middle of the story with him running towards an officer. The incident started way before that.

Here's how someone who was there described it

"Brown had turned around and was facing Wilson. Brown was "balled up" with his arms under his stomach and he was "halfway down" to the ground. As he was falling, Brown took one or two steps toward Wilson because he was presumably hit and was stumbling forward; Wilson then shot him three or four times. Brady said that the pictures he took of Brown with his arms tucked in under his body is the position he was in as he was shot three or four more times by Wilson before hitting the ground"

here's another

"I saw the police chase him ... down the street and shoot him down." When Brown then raised his arms, the officer shot him two more times, killing him.

And another

"After the shot, the kid just breaks away. The cop follows him, kept shooting, the kid's body jerked as if he was hit. After his body jerked he turns around, puts his hands up, and the cop continues to walk up on him and continues to shoot until he goes all the way down."

or another

"On October 16, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch published an interview with a black Canfield resident who testified before the grand jury. The man, who did not want his name released, said he saw the entire event. Wilson drove past Johnson and Brown and then backed up again. A scuffle ensued in the police vehicle and Wilson's hat flew off. There was a gunshot at the vehicle, and then Brown ran down the street followed by Wilson. Wilson aimed his gun at Brown and repeatedly yelled "Stop", but did not fire until Brown turned around and stepped toward Wilson. At that point Wilson fired three shots. Brown staggered toward Wilson from 20 feet away with his hands out to his sides, when Wilson fired again. The witness said that Brown was already falling as the last shots were fired and that, in his opinion, the final shots were murder"

or another

"James McKnight said he witnessed the shooting and that Brown held his hands in the air just after he turned to face Wilson. He stumbled toward the officer, but didn't rush him, and "the officer was about six or seven feet away" from Brown"

or another

Phillip Walker, a 40-year-old resident of a nearby apartment complex, said he saw Brown walking "at a steady pace" toward Wilson with his hands up and that he "did not rush the officer", adding that Wilson's final shot was from a distance of about four feet

or another

Emanuel Freeman, a 19-year-old resident of a nearby apartment complex, on witnessing the shooting, began tweeting about the incident two minutes after it began. Freeman stated that Wilson fired twice at Brown while he was running away, and five more times after he turned around to face Wilson

These are eye-witness accounts. Can you find an eye-wtiness from the grand jury who said he was aggressively approaching the officer? I can't, which means your adding information for no good reason.

It isn't immediately obvious what the skin color of all those witnesses are, so that we can make a proper judgment as to whether to ignore them or not.

Let's get something straight here. The snippets of selective news that you get back home on this matter is the sensationalism I was on about. The same way America never saw a single piece of credible journalism over Scotland's referendum, something I argue about weekly here.

The way Michael Brown was portrayed as some angel to make a news story because it just happened to be a white police officer who shot a black citizen. Everyday here as you know the crime is huge and the death rates due to shootings are scandalous. That cannot be denied and is appalling. But instead of the news fanning this over three months by constantly referring to the respective colours of those involved skin, why not treat it as a the incident or "crime" it was investigated to be? Because that is what this was. Whether Wilson was guilty or not is another matter. The "animals" I referred to are not those peacefully protesting in cities like New York and Chicago but those animals who have tore up parts of St. Louis daily. Buildings destroyed, rows upon rows of cars alight, shops looted, etc..... This has been going on for months now daily and is why the National Guard had to move in. The world loves a news story and that's why the played the image of "innocent" Michael Brown over and over again in his angelic graduation ceremony robes. When in reality he was more like this...........

mike-brown-with-gun.jpg

If you live by the sword and all that......