Michael Brown Shooting - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Michael Brown Shooting

I love the risking their life line they trot out. Hardly you're armed and able to shoot dead (with seldom a represcussion) anyone you feel is threatening you. Risking your life is waiting the 2 extra seconds to make sure ,in which you may get shot, not jumping out and gunning down a 12 year old.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tumblr_ndlz96gTm91u1b6sao1_500.jpg

This t-shirt has featured on many on the protestors and is available for just $23.95 including shipping

http://www.boutique78.net/and-counting-emmett-amadou-sean-t-shirt/

Stand out from the crowd by being part of the crowd by wearing this self-righteous t-shirt that tries to link the death of Michael Brown to the brutal racist murder of Emmett Till in 1955 via more recent crimes such as the justified killing of Sean Bell for running over a cop in 2005.

I was surprised at how big the cop was considering his statements about his assailant being hulk hogan and ragdolling him in the car. They're both 6 foot 4 and 200lb+

Wilson was 210lbs and Brown 292lbs. Do you realise the huge difference there?

He'll have a book coming out, 'Shooting Unarmed Kids for Dummies".

Aye, because a 6 foot 4 inch near 300lb guy would look like a kid right enough. How many ordinary 18 year olds can pass for a 30 year old man? Michael Brown was no ordinary sized guy. He was huge. I'd shite my breeks if a guy that size was laying into me!

Wilson was 210lbs and Brown 292lbs. Do you realise the huge difference there?

Yes I have an undergraduate degree in physics and occasionally taught maths, so i'm aware of the numerical difference between the two figures. Mass is not a function of strength although there are corollaries. In fact lets look just a wee bit deeper than their weights.

However we're talking about grappling here, something i know a wee bit about.

Michael brown had a BMI of 34.2 kg/m^2 , 35 kg/m^2 is classified as Obese Class II (Severely obese), so a lot of his weight is not functional muscle. in fact it's a hindrance meaning he probably has miles of extra capillary's his heart has to pump blood through, this will affect his cardio severely.

So as i say i was surprised at the size of the cop, am i not allowed to be surprised that a man of similar stature can get ragdolled by a fatter version of himself?

I watched that. Grim. What a joke it is that justice is being done on a 'grand jury'. When I was young I used to think the law was about the pursuit of justice and science was about the pursuit of (empirical) truth.These ideals still are true but the human manifestations of those goal are now increasingly instruments of evil. That is the recurring theme... everything we care about is latched on to and turned into a new vehicle for ing people over yet again. You will notice the war on terror is fizzling out...so it is time to reignite the cold war. Which is funny because it was the end of the last cold war that led to start of the war on terror... It is almost like they need an enemy in order to justify their iron grip.

Well Jimmy Saville was the court jester so why would any of this be a surprise.

Changing the subject only slightly - has anyone else been following the Eric Garner case?

Unarmed guy was put in a choke-hold by police, and died. It was all filmed. Nothing happened to the cop

Video here - extremely uncomfortable viewing:

http://tmblr.co/ZW97Im1X6upU8

I've seen a few people on twitter (I know!) saying that the guy who shot the video was indicted, but the policeman wasn't. No idea if that's true or not

Changing the subject only slightly - has anyone else been following the Eric Garner case?

Unarmed guy was put in a choke-hold by police, and died. It was all filmed. Nothing happened to the cop

I've seen a few people on twitter (I know!) saying that the guy who shot the video was indicted, but the policeman wasn't. No idea if that's true or not

hell. Words can't fathom how unbelievable it is that those officers haven't been charged and found guilty of at least manslaughter.

Heads need to roll over it.

flipping hell. Words can't fathom how unbelievable it is that those officers haven't been charged and found guilty of at least manslaughter.

Makes you wonder what they'd actually have to do to get charged!

They've been filmed killing a guy FFS!