Golfers Forum. - Page 7 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Golfers Forum.

dandydunn

Aye, probably a different tournament. Don't think he was too fussy. One of the big competitions was sponsored by DD. They got their moneys worth of advertising from Barnes alone. He was never without a can of DD in his hand.

Anyway, he is not the sort of person you should model your golf career on. :lol: Stay sober, stay safe. You know it makes sense.

Spot-on as usual. It was the Double Diamond International.

Cheers, Orra.

I sponsored a golf tournament?????

Must've been in my drunker days. :lol:

I sponsored a golf tournament once. I handed out a can of beer to every player on the first tee.It was a fairly low budget event. :lol:

I have never taken 72 for one hole though. The worst I have ever seen (apart from NRs) was an 18 on a par 4. And, no it wisnae me.

Aye, that's 'Prieshach'. Actually only 140 or so from the back tee but with a drop to the green about the same. Depending on wind, I've hit the whole bag over the years except putter and driver :lol: Paul Lawrie calls it one of the best par 3's in golf.

A mate of mine moved up to Elgin a few years back and is also a member at Hopeman. Played it last year and really enjoyed it. The views are stunning.

Excellent value for what you boys pay in fees

Just back from a quick 9-holes.

I can't understand why people don't like golf. Beautiful sunset, deer roaming about and the birds singing - marvellous. Only spoiled by me nearly hitting an old boy with a hook trying to be a smart-arse.

Ach if he was trying to be a smart arse he probably deserved a left hook.

Just back from a quick 9-holes.

I can't understand why people don't like golf. Beautiful sunset, deer roaming about and the birds singing - marvellous. Only spoiled by me nearly hitting an old boy with a hook trying to be a smart-arse.

Have to say I'm pretty gutted I'm not joining anywhere this year. First medal was at the weekend there.

Maybe we should start a TAMB golf society? Away days at each other's courses, annual championship, that kind of thing. Maybe even a wee league.

i'll get my brother involved he's a total bandit, playing at his works tournament off 24, pars the first 5 holes.

:angry: There's one in every society. No-one wants to play against him, everyone wants to partner him :lol:

I was invited to a corporate day last year and one of the organisers had just started playing golf. He was given a 36 handicap and o was lucky enough to be partnered with him. He proceeded to blast one down the middle at the first,hit the pin with his approach and rolled in a 20 footer for birdie,which was a net 1 and 5 stableford points. I had a birdie and the other two were birdie and par. Three had shots,so we walked off with 14 stableford points after 1 hole :lol:

We won it....... :lol:

Aye, the bairns are doing well, down in no small part to the pro (the boy interviewed). The Academy we've got should be introduced in every club.

Stevie - great shout. I'd be up for that.

Aye fair play to him. One of the local pros through my way puts a lot of time in with the young ones. Don't have those sort of facilities though.

Would also be up for this if someone would coordinate it. Could start off with a get together once a month and see how we get on?

I was invited to a corporate day last year and one of the organisers had just started playing golf. He was given a 36 handicap and o was lucky enough to be partnered with him. He proceeded to blast one down the middle at the first,hit the pin with his approach and rolled in a 20 footer for birdie,which was a net 1 and 5 stableford points. I had a birdie and the other two were birdie and par. Three had shots,so we walked off with 14 stableford points after 1 hole :lol:

We won it....... :lol:

:lol: I'd have walked off and complained to the handicap secretary like the bitter I am :angry:

Stevie - great shout. I'd be up for that.

Sorry Flora, didn't see this earlier.

Anyone set up something like this before? How would we work it? Would we need subs etc or just pay on the day at whatever course we're at? Most societies are made up of people from the same area I'd have thought - how would one with people/teams a fair distance apart work?

Maybe make it a regional league system with a season end champs or something?

Anyone looking for a fantastic conditioned golf course try Hirsel Golf Club. Played it today and it is in unbelievable nick with greens as good as I have seen anywhere in a long time despite it being early April.

Cracking wee track.

• 2 weeks later...