Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead - Page 34 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead

andyg83

Last time we played them at Hampden there was a large group of Celtic fans in Celtic shirts and waving Larsson flags - not an Irishman among them. It came very close to a big punch up between them and TA and I would expect the same again. Not to be mistaken for the real Irish fans who are top guys (the ones I have met anyway)

But obviously they see themselves as Irish it's like the Poles in Ireland who now have first generation 'Irish' kids but they'll all be in the away end supporting Poland @ Lansdowne Road in this campaign.

To be honest I know Londoners,Mancs and Yorkshire folk of Irish decent travelling up will the TA be as a volatile to these people?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have on odd fixation on your betters..

Shhh you'll have fringo in here going on about pretensions if you start talking about being better than other folk.

Incidentally do you consider yourself "betters" in relation to say the Irish? Or are you just saying you're better than thplinth? Would you say you're better, equal or lesser than a train conductor? How often do you find people wanting (lesser) when you judge them on the internet?

You have on odd fixation on your betters..

Betters? Wow.

I am just curious to know the real history of this board.

You and your clique know the inside facts but we the real board, the board who provide all the 'chat capital' are denied the truth of who owns this forum.

Why are we all providing our capital to you when we do not even know who you are?

But obviously they see themselves as Irish it's like the Poles in Ireland who now have first generation 'Irish' kids but they'll all be in the away end supporting Poland @ Lansdowne Road in this campaign.

To be honest I know Londoners,Mancs and Yorkshire folk of Irish decent travelling up will the TA be as a volatile to these people?

I imagine the 'fans' being talked about had zero Irish decent.

Indeed good point.

I know i'm being pretentious here, but surely dictating someone elses identity based on your own subjective values is the height of pretension and self-importance. delineating them, "you're real, you're plastic" I'm better than you.

Indeed, one could say pretentious even, well if one were unbiased , our resident designator of pretension will no doubt be MIA.

You two ever heard of humour? Jeezus.

As to the other guff about running the board etc I haven't a clue and no idea why you should think otherwise.

Shhh you'll have fringo in here going on about pretensions if you start talking about being better than other folk.

Incidentally do you consider yourself "betters" in relation to say the Irish? Or are you just saying you're better than thplinth? Would you say you're better, equal or lesser than a train conductor? How often do you find people wanting (lesser) when you judge them on the internet?

You're an eedjit

Problem there Tallaght is that many of these idiots that caused trouble at the 2003 game were of 4th or 5th generation and even then their families had married into local Clydeside families long ago. They are Scottish not Irish. A few of them also have a very strange, hostile (occasionally violent) attitude to any display of Scottish patriotism.

As has been said though many of them were daft kids and plenty of genuine Irish were telling them to get tae feck.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

How does one go about getting 4 generations of family history for tens/hundreds/thousands of people at a football match?

What is the objective correct way to pick ones identity?

If someone picks their identity differently from you, how does one know they have picked the correct way and not the other person?

Why is it important to you that people pick their identity the same way as you?

Is fact often confused for opinion? Yes.

Looks like with the fai fook up we are going to be scattered all over the stadium, gonna be hard to get behind the team when different songs being sung in different parts, I hope the fai do the same to the sfa when the game is reversed next summer, it's clear a lot of scots are boycotting so I really don't see how it was such a big deal to give us 10%

You guys are more than welcome in our end anyway. Don't worry about it.

I booked up yesterday for return in Dublin next year. Looking forward to that as well. Even better in June when weather should be ok.

When do tickets go on sale via ticket master for that one? Think there will be scots in your end as well.

Both games will be like a World Cup match. The way it should be.

It won't be like a World Cup match and neither match should be like a World Cup match, that's why they're HOME and AWAY games. You're supposed to get an advantage out of that incase you didn't realise? Fwiw I doubt you'll notice the paddies in the home support they'll be that diluted and same when we go there. If you had it your way we could just play both games in Manchester and make it a free for all FFS.

It won't be like a World Cup match and neither match should be like a World Cup match, that's why they're HOME and AWAY games. You're supposed to get an advantage out of that incase you didn't realise? Fwiw I doubt you'll notice the paddies in the home support they'll be that diluted and same when we go there. If you had it your way we could just play both games in Manchester and make it a free for all FFS.

careful you'll upset the harmony

You're missing an important element of his post. They were wearing Celtic tops and waving Larsson flags. That's not Irish - that's Celtic F.C.

They brought their club nonsense to an international game and were basically saying "We don't support Scotland cause we support Celtic."

On the subject of "Plastic Paddies" and all that. I've zero issue with people of Irish descent supporting the Boys in Green as their country. I've zero issue once they behave appropriatly and represent the country well. If I come across a Glaswegian in a Celtic jersey singing our national anthem in English i'll just roll my eyes. If they put the green Irish jersey on and mix with us without bringing their Celtic baggage with them then fair enough

There are plenty of people in Britain who are born and brought up feeling Irish though. My own aunt and uncle, both doctors moved to Chesire in the early eighties and brought up their three kids there. If you told my three cousines they were English or British they'd quickly tell you they're Irish. 2 of them moved to Dublin once they finished Uni.

It won't be like a World Cup match and neither match should be like a World Cup match, that's why they're HOME and AWAY games. You're supposed to get an advantage out of that incase you didn't realise?

And our fans being there in large numbers amongst the away supporters when we've played Germany, Poland, Belgium, the Netherlands, Spain, Italy, France etc.......... ?

Can't have one rule for the TA and another for other countries supporters, that's not on. The Irish lads are more than welcome to watch the game amongst our support.

And our fans being there in large numbers amongst the away supporters when we've played Germany, Poland, Belgium, the Netherlands, Spain, Italy, France etc.......... ?

Can't have one rule for the TA and another for other countries supporters, that's not on. The Irish lads are more than welcome to watch the game amongst our support.

And no doubt once you come to Lansdowne Rd you'll be in the home end which you're more than likely to. You're only getting 2,400 tickets for the game in Dublin so there'll be plenty of you in with us lot. Just like there'll be plenty of us with you in three weeks time.