Vilamoura To Faro - Any Buses Planned - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Vilamoura To Faro - Any Buses Planned

ianp

Thinking about booking Vilamoura area, how's the nightlife in this area in October? Never been to Portugal

depends what you are after mate.

Vilamoura is a much nicer area but for a trip away at the fitba' Albufiera would be better IMO. Lots and lots of cheap bars, many of them football orientated. Very popular with the Irish so will be handy for giving them stick when we qualify :-))

Edited by Angus_Young

depends what you are after mate.

Vilamoura is a much nicer area but for a trip away at the fitba' Albufiera would be better IMO. Lots and lots of cheap bars, many of them football orientated. Very popular with the Irish so will be handy for giving them stick when we qualify :-))

Cheers mate, that's that sorted, Albufiera it is then

Vilamoura is great if you are taking the family over. Been there a couple of times in the last few years. There is some nightlife, Ronaldo has his own nightclub "Seven" there and Figo has a restaurant as well. Albufeira is more like Magaluf.

Staying in Vilamoura, any info on any TA buses going to match and returning after

Ian, I'm definitely going to this game but doubt very much I'll be staying in Albufeira or Faro. Will either be Vilamoura or further down the coast but most probably Vilamoura.

Nearer the time I'll be checking on here to see if anyone has organised buses.

If no-one has, I'd be looking at sorting out a mini bus. There's plenty of local taxi hire/airport transfer companies in the area and having done a quick check, a 12 seater minibus would cost around 120 Euros for a return trip. (That was based on Faro airport to Vil).

Still waiting for Easyjet to put their Bristol - Faro schedule up for next Oct then I'll be making it definite.

Hold tight buddy - book and they will come........ :ok:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am heading over with the family on the 7th....Missing Poland, however bonus is saving on flights..!

Staying 10 days in Vilamoura. Planning on hooking up with others in Faro on the day. If anyone fancies sharing a taxi in to Faro during the day on Sunday..1100am ish! I plan on crashing in Faro post match the getting the EVA bus back on Monday, decent price of 4.10 Euro!