Rangers . At It,? Or Got A Point? - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers . At It,? Or Got A Point?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all the clubs knew the rules at the start of the season.

I also see McCall's complaining about bookings being carried over to the play offs.

Can't have it both ways....

I am sure when the Rangers fans bought season tickets they did not expect to be in the play-offs. The fact Hearts won the league at a canter, Rangers are just saying sorry to their fans.

Another vague rule inconsistently applied by the people running the game.

Really makes you wonder who puts these diddies in charge.

Oops forgot, it was the clubs!

The only thing left for the fans to do is lobby their clubs to have these guys removed.

On this issue I can forsee a legal case coming up and I don't fancy the SPFL's chances.

I agree that season tickets should not be valid as all clubs agreed to it.obviously the "'big " clubs never thought they would be involved. But you can't let 1 team ( hibs) do it and not another. Doncaster and regan are total fuds.

I agree that season tickets should not be valid as all clubs agreed to it.obviously the "'big " clubs never thought they would be involved. But you can't let 1 team ( hibs) do it and not another. Doncaster and regan are total fuds.

The reason Hibs were able to do it was due to the amount of season tickets sold prior to the new leagues and the play offs being set up.. So it was felt that they had to honour the season tickets... That is not the case this year. And you have to ask did RFC take their cut from last years takings??

The reason Hibs were able to do it was due to the amount of season tickets sold prior to the new leagues and the play offs being set up.. So it was felt that they had to honour the season tickets... That is not the case this year. And you have to ask did RFC take their cut from last years takings??

Ha that's nonsense. Clubs never publicise that kind of detail when selling season tickets so I don't see why rangers are in any different situation to hibs as to the expectations of supporters.

It's irrelevant whether rangers took their share of takings last season.

The fact is hibs were allowed to let in season ticket holders for free. The alleged rule breach was waived by the SPFL. No reasons were given for waiving that rule breach. Now the SPFL proposes to enforce the alleged rule against other clubs. That is clearly unfair at best.

Was rod Petrie on the SPFL board at the time of last seasons decision? Just wondering...

You would think this is a move by rangers and Motherwell that most football fans would back - when you buy a "season" ticket you expect it to last all of the league season, not exclude the most important parts.

If the SPFL are going to press for charging season ticket holders, a penny per ticket might be the answer.

The fact is hibs were allowed to let in season ticket holders for free. The alleged rule breach was waived by the SPFL. No reasons were given for waiving that rule breach. Now the SPFL proposes to enforce the alleged rule against other clubs. That is clearly unfair at best.

Was rod Petrie on the SPFL board at the time of last seasons decision? Just wondering...

If the SPFL are going to press for charging season ticket holders, a penny per ticket might be the answer.

hibs had started selling season tickets prior to the play offs being in place.

rangers and the likes voted for this ruling 2 years ago and lost a vote on it 2 weeks ago.if all admission dosh was to be kept by rangers sure as season ticket holders wouldn,t have got in for nothing

rangers and the likes voted for this ruling 2 years ago and lost a vote on it 2 weeks ago.if all admission dosh was to be kept by rangers sure as badger season ticket holders wouldn,t have got in for nothing

In your opinion.

We will never know for sure.

If it were me I'd say you to the SPFL and charge a £5 for everyone for the play off games.

Are these games part of the season?

Yes,they are. Don't like to say it,but they have a valid point.

Well that's the question.McCall was in the papers the other day saying suspension points for yellow cards should not apply in the play offs as they are not part of the league season proper. You can't have it both ways.

rangers and the likes voted for this ruling 2 years ago and lost a vote on it 2 weeks ago.if all admission dosh was to be kept by rangers sure as badger season ticket holders wouldn,t have got in for nothing

Rangers never lost a vote 2 weeks ago, Hibs did.

According to Thompson (D Utd) only hearts and Motherwell backed Hibs.

Ha that's nonsense. Clubs never publicise that kind of detail when selling season tickets so I don't see why rangers are in any different situation to hibs as to the expectations of supporters.

It's irrelevant whether rangers took their share of takings last season.

You would think this is a move by rangers and Motherwell that most football fans would back - when you buy a "season" ticket you expect it to last all of the league season, not exclude the most important parts.

Here's the nonsense..

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9832458/scottish-professional-football-league-issues-statement

Do you think your representative voted thinking we won't need this??

In your opinion.

We will never know for sure.

If it were me I'd say badger you to the SPFL and charge a £5 for everyone for the play off games.

is there not a minimum charge in place by spfl £15?

Rangers never lost a vote 2 weeks ago, Hibs did.

According to Thompson (D Utd) only hearts and Motherwell backed Hibs.

which ultimately affects rangers

rangers voted for this ruling two years ago obviously not expecting to be in this situ

Everyone's talking about hibs not charging season ticket holders and getting away with it. What did Hamilton do?

I don't understand why the Alloa chairman says he is bound by confidentiality and there were other reasons that hibs were not "punished" (bizarre choice of word given the angle he is pushing). It just makes it seem even dodgier particularly with Petrie so high profile.

Of course the situation could easily be resolved by asking hibs to stump up the cash that should have been contributed by their season ticket holders....

Edited by bruce778

is there not a minimum charge in place by spfl £15?

which ultimately affects rangers

rangers voted for this ruling two years ago obviously not expecting to be in this situ

As did Hibs and Motherwell. Though I suspect the only reason that your arguing about it is because it's Rangers involved. (Though not involved in the lost vote you previously mentioned).

Yep but Rangers make a song and dance about it

ffs the vote affects Rangers irrespective if involve dig or not

as a said earlier if Rangers were keeping the admission dosh there season tickets holders wouldn't be getting in for naff all

Edited by Langtonian

as a said earlier if Rangers were keeping the admission dosh there season tickets holders wouldn't be getting in for naff all

Good to see you haven't given up on your quest to push the boundaries of idiocy.

So let me get this right.

If Rangers were keeping all the money then season ticket holders would have to pay (cause they need the money?)

But as they only get to keep 50% then Rangers want season ticket holders in for free?

You do realise that by your argument (and the SPFL) Rangers will likely make more money?

Edited by ibelieve!!!