Thinks Its All Over ? Congrats Celtic- Title Looks Immenent - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Thinks Its All Over ? Congrats Celtic- Title Looks Immenent

well played aberdeen for making the title race a two horse competition.

Think aberdeen are more than capable of beating Dundee Utd, but its only a matter of time until celtic win the SPFL.

Just a pity Dundee Utd were weakened by the selling of two key players, still think the title would have went to celtic park but would have been tighter.

GMS and Armstrong seem to have given Celtic a timely boost.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye its all over.

We have made it last longer than any Dons fan could have forecast in July when we kicked our Euro games.

Still feel a tad aggrieved about Alan Muir's huge hand in Celtic's win at Pittodrie in November where a Dons win would have heaped a bit more pressure on Celtic at a time when it just might have made a difference.

Aberdeen have been fantastic this year. Have genuinely made it a challenge to celtic. What might've been if Celtic hadn't been so utterly inept in Europe and they had held their lead at home against Celtic.

With a couple of improvements, like shinnie will be and a good keeper, alongside the retention of their core squad this season they will challenge again next year. I hope.

Excellent season for the Dons, long may their relative success continue, hopefully to the point we have a league winner from out with the old firm.

Aberdeen have been fantastic this year. Have genuinely made it a challenge to celtic. What might've been if Celtic hadn't been so utterly inept in Europe and they had held their lead at home against Celtic.

With a couple of improvements, like shinnie will be and a good keeper, alongside the retention of their core squad this season they will challenge again next year. I hope.

Excellent season for the Dons, long may their relative success continue, hopefully to the point we have a league winner from out with the old firm.

Going by the time of your post I can only assume you a had a good night out :wink2:.

They had it wrapped up on day one and will for a long long time.

Out of 34 games, there's only really one game of a difference between the teams.....if (big word I know) Aberdeen had won the game in November that we should have won, the title would still be in our own hands now.

That's hardly 'the title being wrapped up from day one'.

Celtic were always huge favourites to win the league, but they've been pushed closer than anyone could have imagined. We'll have the same squad for next season...with maybe only Jack leaving...and have already added the best left-back in the Premiership. Hopefully a few more to come.

Next season could be interesting.

They had it wrapped up on day one and will for a long long time.

Bizarrely I was speaking to a Rangers fan who wanted Celtic to wrap up the league title as quickly as possible.

As far as I can work out, it's to make scottish football look rubbish without Rangers. Seems like you might be in this camp too?

Aberdeen put up a decent effort, would imagine they'll finush closer to 1st place than any other team in 20 years.

If they'd managed a win v Celtic, they could've taken it all the way.

Bizarrely I was speaking to a Rangers fan who wanted Celtic to wrap up the league title as quickly as possible.

As far as I can work out, it's to make scottish football look rubbish without Rangers. Seems like you might be in this camp too?

Aberdeen put up a decent effort, would imagine they'll finush closer to 1st place than any other team in 20 years.

bizarre.

Out of 34 games, there's only really one game of a difference between the teams.....if (big word I know) Aberdeen had won the game in November that we should have won, the title would still be in our own hands now.

That's hardly 'the title being wrapped up from day one'.

Celtic were always huge favourites to win the league, but they've been pushed closer than anyone could have imagined. We'll have the same squad for next season...with maybe only Jack leaving...and have already added the best left-back in the Premiership. Hopefully a few more to come.

Next season could be interesting.

And if Celtic had got into their stride before December.......there hasn't been a title challenge let's face it. Even you lot were saying so back when you had the points advantage.

And if Celtic had got into their stride before December.......there hasn't been a title challenge let's face it. Even you lot were saying so back when you had the points advantage.

If there hasn't been a challenge how come you only have 3 games to play and are still not Champions?

What we were saying when we were top was that we acknowledged that we were not favourites and a few things would have to go our way to have a good chance of winning it.

You really do have to laugh at some Celtic fans who for years have been saying it would be good to have a strong Aberdeen and as soon as we get there all they do is try and belittle the improvement.

I hope Aberdeen build on this season and it's even closer next year.

We need a couple of centre-backs to come in and replace the two I expect are leaving.

I have a feeling that we may get Denayer for another year but you're right, we don't have any ready made replacements for either them. Mulgrew and Ambrose is a disturbing thought.

Aberdeen building on what they have done this year would be very welcome for me too. As long as they do the right thing and give us our tickets for Pittodrie back of course ;)

That's not bizarre at all.

Most Rangers fans are quite happy with Celtic winning everything...what terrifies them the most is another club (especially Aberdeen) making a real challenge.

It's the 2 cheeks effect. They can take Celtic winning trophies because they still believe in the Old Firm duopoly. They don't want anyone else getting close though.

Nah mate I would love the likes of Aberdeen to take the title from them but I'm just being realistic.

Celtic are miles ahead of anybody.

That's not bizarre at all.

Most Rangers fans are quite happy with Celtic winning everything...what terrifies them the most is another club (especially Aberdeen) making a real challenge.

It's the 2 cheeks effect. They can take Celtic winning trophies because they still believe in the Old Firm duopoly. They don't want anyone else getting close though.[/quote

Don't tar us all with the same brush. I'd love to see three or four teams regularly competing for the league.

Aberdeen building on what they have done this year would be very welcome for me too. As long as they do the right thing and give us our tickets for Pittodrie back of course ;)

They are our tickets :D

That middle section has season ticket holders who were moved for Celtic & Rangers games.

A fence is now being removed meaning that the 1 section arrangement will be a permanent feature.

They are our tickets :D

That middle section has season ticket holders who were moved for Celtic & Rangers games.

A fence is now being removed meaning that the 1 section arrangement will be a permanent feature.

Hence the wink emotion in my post.

Aberdeen are entitled to sell to their own and if they are shifting them then it can only be a positive for Scottish football. Disappointing for us as there will be a scramble every time now but that's just the way it is I suppose.