Serbia V Albania - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Serbia V Albania

If what I'm hearing is true UEFA really are a shower of bunny rabits.

Serbias punishment includes 2 games behind closed doors...the first of which is against Denmark in the coming days. Approx. 175 Danish fans who booked flights and hotels before the Serbia-Albania gane have been told they will not be allowed access to the game, despite appeals from the danish fa and fans groups.

UEFA appear to be taking a more rigid stance on 'behind closed doors' games...as most folk are aware about 220 Norn Iron fans were allowed entry into a behind closed doors game a couple of years ago. The 'loophole' which permitted that has allegedly been closed.

Hopefully commonsense comes good in the coming days.

It must only have been closed in the last few weeks as 300 CSKA Moscow fans managed to get into the game against City that was "behind closed doors"

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UEFA appear to be taking a more rigid stance on 'behind closed doors' games...as most folk are aware about 220 Norn Iron fans were allowed entry into a behind closed doors game a couple of years ago. The 'loophole' which permitted that has allegedly been closed.

Hopefully commonsense comes good in the coming days.

Whats been the deal with Russia and their games behind closed doors for the Euros? Not really taken any notice, but they were getting the same.

If a bigger stance is being taken about total lock out, then fingers crossed we don't get Ukraine in the WC as they have to play their first 3 WC qualifiers behind closed doors.

Was there not a group of Man City fans dressed as Russian police who managed to get in also. Sure i read that somewhere.

I think there were 8 that traveled, they hired apartment overlooking the ground, but the police then stopped them getting to it. A few managed to get in as photographers/police etc but were spotted by City's own security & kicked out. I heard that 1 managed to get back in & actually saw the game.

It must only have been closed in the last few weeks as 300 CSKA Moscow fans managed to get into the game against City that was "behind closed doors"

I am of course talking about the away fans. Not sure of dates when UEFA changed their policy, however, in 2011 NI away fans were allowed access to the serbiavNI game. Fast forward to 2014 man city and Denmark have both been refused entry as away fans. A change of policy at UEFA which occured before the CSKA Moscow game.

Take your point about home fans....at the behind closed doors Serbia v NI game there were a few hundred 'officals' supporting Serbia.

The innocent away fans....man city, Denmark should not be getting punished for others indescretions.

Whats been the deal with Russia and their games behind closed doors for the Euros? Not really taken any notice, but they were getting the same.

If a bigger stance is being taken about total lock out, then fingers crossed we don't get Ukraine in the WC as they have to play their first 3 WC qualifiers behind closed doors.

Not aware of Russia having to play games behind closed doors. Attendances at their home qualifiers would suggest no ban is in place.11, 000 for their game v liechtenstein, 42000 for their game v Moldova. Believe they have a suspended sentence re: points deduction which lasts till the end of this campaign and came about as a result of racist chanting by their fans at euro 2012 (iirc).

With the trouble at the Romania v Hungary game last month ourselves and Finland were sweating a little as the outcome of their disciplinary hearing were released.

Fingers crossed we do. I'd rather play in an empty stadium than one full of hostile fans.

I appreciate some folk are more concerned with having a holiday than Scotland winning though.