Accies V Dons - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Accies V Dons

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a lot to say about that car-crash other than we get the chance to put it right on grass, in 10 days. Impossible to believe we'll every play that poorly again under McInnes.

I realise that Ash Taylor has an incredibly fit burd. I've got to presume that the only reason this guy is at Pittodrie is because McInnes is riding her.

I realise that Ash Taylor has an incredibly fit burd.

I just Bing imaged Ash Taylor to see who you are on about and Jesus Christ! I had to wash my eyes after spewing down the pan! :yikes3:

Go, on? Do a Bing image search? :barf:

Edited by Ormond

I've just about managed to calm down after that performance on Fri night. Completely unacceptable. We never started. We didn't fancy the pitch or the contest. I can't understand why McInnes bangs on about losing 2 or 3 goals a game, but has Taylor and Clangers in the same back 5. That aside, I think I witnessed some of the poorest individual performances I've seen from some Dons players in a couple of seasons.

On a brighter note - the Accies physio is worth a mention. Accies also deserve credit for the way the approach games and the intensity they have.

Dons players, who originally had the weekend off, were all called into Todders on Sat morning for a post mortem - rightly so.

Aberdeen in terms of financial power and attendances at games should be a much bigger force in Scottish football than they have been for the past 10 years. It is a mystery where their perennial failure comes from.

You don't think Dons fans haven't been asking this question for the past two decades?

Aberdeen in terms of financial power and attendances at games should be a much bigger force in Scottish football than they have been for the past 10 years. It is a mystery where their perennial failure comes from.

This is true, but long may it continue.

I've just about managed to calm down after that performance on Fri night. Completely unacceptable. We never started. We didn't fancy the pitch or the contest. I can't understand why McInnes bangs on about losing 2 or 3 goals a game, but has Taylor and Clangers in the same back 5. That aside, I think I witnessed some of the poorest individual performances I've seen from some Dons players in a couple of seasons.

On a brighter note - the Accies physio is worth a mention. Accies also deserve credit for the way the approach games and the intensity they have.

Dons players, who originally had the weekend off, were all called into Todders on Sat morning for a post mortem - rightly so.

The Accies know how to play on that abomination of a park....it's pass and go, don't attempt to control the ball, and constant movement with and without the ball.

It's simple, but effective. That said, it's made easier when a pathetic opposition gives you a couple of goals of a start.

The experiment with Taylor has gone far enough. He started the season off by gifting Yinited a goal at Pittodrie and has been culpable one way or another in probably more than half of the (considerable amount of) goals that we've conceded already this season....how much longer do we keep on playing him and conceding 2 goals a game ?

There's little point in having Pawlett, McGinn, Goodwillie and Rooney in the side and then we leak goals left, right and centre in defence.

Considine is a feckin pish left-back...get him in centre defence with Reynolds, and moves Hayes to left-back. Not ideal, but better than sending Taylor out again to score for the opposition. Why the f*ck we let Shaughnessy go out on loan to Falkirk and then play this utter clown is beyond me.

If he appears on the teamsheet on Friday night and gifts a goal to Motherwell, there'll be rumblings.

Utter pish.

The Accies know how to play on that abomination of a park....it's pass and go, don't attempt to control the ball, and constant movement with and without the ball.

It's simple, but effective. That said, it's made easier when a pathetic opposition gives you a couple of goals of a start.

The experiment with Taylor has gone far enough. He started the season off by gifting Yinited a goal at Pittodrie and has been culpable one way or another in probably more than half of the (considerable amount of) goals that we've conceded already this season....how much longer do we keep on playing him and conceding 2 goals a game ?

There's little point in having Pawlett, McGinn, Goodwillie and Rooney in the side and then we leak goals left, right and centre in defence.

Considine is a feckin pish left-back...get him in centre defence with Reynolds, and moves Hayes to left-back. Not ideal, but better than sending Taylor out again to score for the opposition. Why the f*ck we let Shaughnessy go out on loan to Falkirk and then play this utter clown is beyond me.

If he appears on the teamsheet on Friday night and gifts a goal to Motherwell, there'll be rumblings.

I'm not sure why McInnes is messing about with the team at all to be honest (well, apart from giving Brown a game in goals as Langfield's confidence is clearly shot). The back four picks itself: Logan, Hayes, Reynolds and either Anderson or Considine. Flood and Jack holding. McGinn Pawlett as the wider men (they're both better wide than through the middle at the moment) and Goodie and Rooney up top. Freshen that up every so often with Robson, Smith, Shankland and Low. Chuck on one of the fledglings if we're comfortable. It's not "rocket surgery".

In the summer, we should have added a left back and another holding midfielder.

I have to say, I absolutely hate 100% plastic pitches. Apart from the fact they finished me off, they're completely sh1t and rather embarrassing for Scotland’s top league.

No way in hell should pawlett be playing wide. I'm sorry but you're totally incorrect there.

Hell?! According to you maybe. He has been found out through the middle. The last few games at Todders he's gone out wide and been much more effective. Seems to be a pretty widely accepted opinion up here.

How is it true?! The fact that we're a one team city that don't win the league against a team with 20 times the finances?

No, the fact that given the size of your fan base and potential finances you should probably have achieved a bit more, thats all.

Hell?! According to you maybe. He has been found out through the middle. The last few games at Todders he's gone out wide and been much more effective. Seems to be a pretty widely accepted opinion up here.

He was our best player playing through the middle last season. I've no idea why you'd want him wide where he's excluded from large parts of the game.

Your last sentence is a bit pathetic to be honest.

No, the fact that given the size of your fan base and potential finances you should probably have achieved a bit more, thats all.

I agree. Aberdeen have consistently been one of the highest paying clubs in scotland. Yet they've won 1 cup in 19 years and often been a bottom half side.

Although it has to be said that any team outwith Rangers and celtic winning a trophy in the last 25 years has overcome the odds.

I agree. Aberdeen have consistently been one of the highest paying clubs in scotland. Yet they've won 1 cup in 19 years and often been a bottom half side.

Although it has to be said that any team outwith Rangers and celtic winning a trophy in the last 25 years has overcome the odds.

aye agree with that Parkie. as Renton famously said " its a sh*te state of affairs" .