Saltires Getting Taken Off Falkirk Fans? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Saltires Getting Taken Off Falkirk Fans?

Well that was needless and typical of stewarding/police at football games. They picked up someone with a Saltire flag not causing offence to anyone, barely any falkirk fan noticed the young boy/Teenager had it nevere mind the Rangers fans. This was confiscated and varying reports of another Saltire without any Yes etc on it (Not 100% sure what the flag was TBH) but it caused a hell of alot of tension and standoff with around 30 supporters and the police/stewards for about 10/15minutes.

Although my view point will be a bit biased I'm confused as how they never took any Union Flags away as its hell of a lot more political than having a saltire in my opinion for a team in the SCOTTISH PFL. Teams recently including St Johnstone and Celtic I beleive have been fined for supporters having other countrys flags in their grounds (Palestine/ Israel/ Syria flags) due to these being political due to conflict in those countrys. Does anyone know why it is acceptable to fly the Union Flag if that is the case because Great Britain has been at war for the past decade with the middle east. If I never voted to be a part of the Union then surely flying the Union Flag is against my political views.

With the above rant aside i've never been too bothered who flys which flag, but just the way the Saltires were picked out last night got my back up a bit.

Doesn't get any more desperate than when flags become an issue, real heid the ba' territory (witness Northern Ireland and the OF). As it happens at Tynecastle on Saturday I noticed a large Union flag in the main Stand, just by the John Robertson Lounge near to where some of the worst of the nutters always go; it was gone in the 2nd half. Didn't see any sort of commotion so maybe just a coincidence, but reading the above makes me wonder a bit.

Can I just point out the game was at Falkirk and therefore it was either their stewards or the police doing the confiscating. This has feck all to do with Rangers or their fans.

Personally I'd ban all flags from football because all they do is get in the way of the football or some wee kid whacks you on the head with the bloody stick.

Can I just point out the game was at Falkirk and therefore it was either their stewards or the police doing the confiscating. This has feck all to do with Rangers or their fans.

Personally I'd ban all flags from football because all they do is get in the way of the football or some wee kid whacks you on the head with the bloody stick.

And feathers.

Yes I saw something like this going on from the other end of the ground.

Falkirk fans seemed intent on bringing up the referendum result which confused me because I thought only old firm fans brought politics into football and I thought Falkirk area voted no.

Rangers fans took the bait easily disappointingly.

Classic over the top policing. Certainly wasn't likely to incite any riots. Rangers fans hadn't taken any issue with the saltire obviously.

Yes I saw something like this going on from the other end of the ground.

Falkirk fans seemed intent on bringing up the referendum result which confused me because I thought only old firm fans brought politics into football and I thought Falkirk area voted no.

Rangers fans took the bait easily disappointingly.

Classic over the top policing. Certainly wasn't likely to incite any riots. Rangers fans hadn't taken any issue with the saltire obviously.

Agree With that, Until the incident The whole referendum wasnt an issue from both sides after the incident it caused some cringeworthy songs from the Falkik end. I took more offence at some 70year old bodybuilder taking the field at half time to do some lunges.

Agree With that, Until the incident The whole referendum wasnt an issue from both sides after the incident it caused some cringeworthy songs from the Falkik end. I took more offence at some 70year old bodybuilder taking the field at half time to do some lunges.

Well, what can I say. I had a free night.....it was a decent fee.............

Haha that was quite funny. Fair play to the guy he wasn't shy in enjoying the moment!

would they have taken the saltires off them if it was any other Scottish team Falkirk were playing?