Mccall Must Go - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mccall Must Go

I think some good results, and an ability to grind out victories against the bottom 6 papered over the cracks and masked the fact we were awful to watch last season. One dimensional, slow, and dull.

This season our fitness levels look shocking, we haven't brought in players of the same quality as those we've lost year after year, and now with Josh Law of Alfreton town we've hit rock bottom.

James McFadden was sat with the fans on Wednesday night, Pearson is training with us, clarkson was deemed not good enough, any one if those 3 would bring something to our team.

Instead we've signed nicky laws brother, who's a right back, but played him in midfield expecting him to be nicky law (before he was shite). We've signed Ojamma, not played him....

The place is a shambles at the moment.

Easily the worst home performance in the past 7 or 8 years. The worrying thing for me was that Hamilton were bang average and took four off us. We have the look of last years Hibs about us. Relegation dogfight beckons.

Didn't go today, but sounded very like Jim Gannon's last game....

I think some good results, and an ability to grind out victories against the bottom 6 papered over the cracks and masked the fact we were awful to watch last season. One dimensional, slow, and dull.

This season our fitness levels look shocking, we haven't brought in players of the same quality as those we've lost year after year, and now with Josh Law of Alfreton town we've hit rock bottom.

James McFadden was sat with the fans on Wednesday night, Pearson is training with us, clarkson was deemed not good enough, any one if those 3 would bring something to our team.

Instead we've signed nicky laws brother, who's a right back, but played him in midfield expecting him to be nicky law (before he was shite). We've signed Ojamma, not played him....

The place is a shambles at the moment.

Budget constraints or poor management?

Edited by Larky Masher

McCall performed a minor miracle last season getting well to second. Now he has made a rod for his back. Today's result was a derby, anything could happen and unfortunately accies have won comfortably. Hoping for a reaction off the players.

We should have beat Celtic last week at Celtic park, so we are inconsistent. To call for McCalls head is a joke. Have faith.

I like Stuart McCall but he's probably better as a coach rather than as a manager. Doesn't do himself any favours when he refers to Walter Smith as "still being the gaffer" (to McCall), a bit cringeworthy. He's had a good few years at Motherwell now, perhaps it's time he considers leaving at the end of the season to focus on his Scotland job full time.

Motherwell fans, if McCall left who could replace him ?

I like Stuart McCall but he's probably better as a coach rather than as a manager. Doesn't do himself any favours when he refers to Walter Smith as "still being the gaffer" (to McCall), a bit cringeworthy. He's had a good few years at Motherwell now, perhaps it's time he considers leaving at the end of the season to focus on his Scotland job full time.

Motherwell fans, if McCall left who could replace him ?

Coisty?

Stuart McCall has his limitations, that's why he's the Motherwell manager. He is sometimes too safe and worries about the other teams strengths rather than playing to our own.

The lack of fitness is a worry (and a particular annoyance of mine with Scottish sides generally).

It does seem things have gone a bit stale, and although the great team spirit he's had has been great, I wonder if he's too easy on the players?

Having said all that, what he's achieved with the budget he's had, particularly last season when we lost 6 or 7 real quality players and still came 2nd is unbelievable.

I think the lack of funds available to him means he's taken us as far as he can, he's not; on Wednesdays evidence, going to do anything in the cups.

I think he should have left in the summer for his own sake, while his stock was high. This season has the potential to ruin his reputation.