Aberdeen V St. Mirren - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen V St. Mirren

Aberdeen complete their 4 game home stand tonight at Pittodrie and will be looking to make a clean sweep of it (after 3-0, 4-0, and 3-2 wins respectively).

This postponed game could come back to haunt the Dons though as St. Mirren are playing much more as a team now than they were when this fixture was originally first scheduled.

The Dons will no doubt be playing to their strengths of pace and attack and looking to continue their recent goal scoring ways predominantly through the recently formed partnership of Rooney and Goodwillie.

The Buddies will have to be patient and hit on the counter as the Aberdeen fullbacks (in particular) surge high up the park.

Aberdeen will have to tighten up at the back, and Greg Wylde will no doubt be looking to make his mark.

Niall McGinn (hamstring) will be a late fitness decision.

Scotty,

Regardless of how well we're playing as a team and regardless of your correct observation that Jim Goodwin had a great game against Celtic, the fact remains that as soon as we get into the final third we are completely devoid of ideas and belief. That's why we've only scored 4 goals in the league all season and one of those was a penalty.

Can't see anything other than a comfortable Aberdeen victory. 3-0.

I understand that you'll be up against it tonight.

Ash Taylor's new playing relationship with Reynolds and Langfield is about the only area that I can see you hoping to exploit (other than what I've already said about Wylde's speed and us pushing up the park).

The goal v Celtic was well worked and even had the composure of a dummy in it (so you're not completely devoid of ideas).

Agree with Marky. With a bit of confidence there was a chance we might upset Aberdeen but there's not a lot of confidence down Paisley way at the moment.

Don't look able to keep clean sheets and don't look able to score too many either. Not a good combination.

Comfortable home win by two clear goals ..more if the Dons get one early.

C'mon saints prove me wrong.

I understand that you'll be up against it tonight.

Ash Taylor's new playing relationship with Reynolds and Langfield is about the only area that I can see you hoping to exploit (other than what I've already said about Wylde's speed and us pushing up the park).

The goal v Celtic was well worked and even had the composure of a dummy in it (so you're not completely devoid of ideas).

Wylde has been pretty poor so far this season. Expected big things from him after a strong finish to last season but so far he hasn't looked great, with his final ball/crossing in particular being awful. Hopefully tonight he changes that...

McGinn and McLean look to finally be coming into some form the past couple of games, and we looked a little bit more secure with Goody and McAusland at the back. I'd stick with the same line up as against Celtic and hope we can break a little better on the counter.

Edited by Mr. Kilt