Is There Too Much Football On The T.v. - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is There Too Much Football On The T.v.

Have to admit that this season i really can't get myself interested to watch any games on the telly. Think there is too much on just now and its always the same teams and players, really stubble to get interested in any matches even champions league.

Do you think there is too much on now?

I'm always saying this to my mate. At the weekends there is normally enough games on the TV to be able to watch over 48 hours of football. It's definitely reached saturation point.

Football on TV used to be an enjoyable supplement to real football fans who'd go to games. Now people don't bother going to games but rather "support" foreign teams through their TV.

Struggle to watch a full 90mins these days. Have not watched a full Celtic game in two seasons. Did not really watch that much of the World Cup either. My one big draw was Scotland games and after the price increases I am not going to these either.

Although I do have Man City v Roma on in the background and witnessed Totti beat the Man City defence for pace for his goal. That cheered me up.

I had an argument with a work colleague several years ago about how TV was ruining football.

It was just when Sky 3D first appeared and he was saying how great it was, disagreed with me when I said Sky was the worst thing to happen to football. His reply was "you can't beat watching a match on 3D, it's likeyour actually there". Didn't appreciate me saying that you can beat it, you could go to an actual match instead!

Struggle to watch a full 90 minutes on the tv, but it's good to flick over too during ad breaks for whatever you're actually watching.

Ironically today virgin are making a bit of a deal about the price to watch tv, with the cost of bt sports and sky sports coming in at £51 a month, and they think that's unacceptable. I think the coverage we get is pretty good though, over both bt and sky we get a pretty wide range of countries and games to choose from.

Still, nothing beats sitting freezing your baws off at pittodrie every week

if everyone who is complaining about too much football on tv cancelled their Sky/BT sports subscriptions the problem would be solved

Indeed. Some folk refuse to pay for Sky.

Having just moved house and taken out Sky, the sales person was gobsmacked that I had no interest in Sky Sports. Have never been a great tv football fan anyway but the cost of Sky just wasn't worth it given that 99.9% of the games wouldn't interest me.

I'm old enough to remember when televisied games were a rarity. Bascially the two cup finals and the odd Scotland game. The Liverpool - Arsenal 'Michael Thomas' game still stands out in my memory!

I just treated myself to SkySports.

They are doing a £15 per month for a year offer which sealed the deal for me.

J

ive not seen any sky deals recently, where did you see that one.

They have been trying to get folk to sign up for 2 years with free broadband recently but thats because next year they are losing all the champions league games and i think some premiership ones too and a lot of folk will prob want to switch to BT sports at that point.