Is There Too Much Football On The T.v. - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is There Too Much Football On The T.v.

After Dundee away on Saturday, Aberdeen 's next league games are on Friday, Friday, Monday, Sunday, Sunday and then finally a Saturday again the 6th December. Over 2 months without a Saturday game. I assume this is mainly to do with TV. Very little consideration given to the fans there, particularly when you consider some of the journeys involved..

ive not seen any sky deals recently, where did you see that one.

They have been trying to get folk to sign up for 2 years with free broadband recently but thats because next year they are losing all the champions league games and i think some premiership ones too and a lot of folk will prob want to switch to BT sports at that point.

I just went on the website a couple of weeks ago and there it was. Snapped it up.

I then got a flyer in the post offering it to me the very next day.

IIRC it ran out on Tuesday. Recon I'll be able to negotiate it to the same rate next year.

J

Far, far too much on. My approach has always been follow my team, including reserve games, follow Scotland, play for my work team, watch my laddies' teams, watch my nephew's school team, watch the local lads playing at the weekend if i've got the time, and go to watch clubs I don't follow if I really fancy the match and it doesn't clash with my team's fixtures.

With all of that, I'm happy watching highlights and the odd big game on TV.

Anybody who isn't watching Juventus v Roma right now are missing a treat. 2-2 at H-T. 3 pens, loads of controversy, numerous bookings, stormy and great fitba. :)

I was at the Roma vs Verona game last weekend in the Stadio Olimpico. Tremendous atmosphere, and thought Roma looked on the up.

I missed Destro's worldy due to trying to converse drunkly with a non English speaking guy beside me....

Johnstones paint trophy or conference tonight.

:lol:

This week of football thing from UEFA should mean a choice of games from Thursday-Tuesday.

I've only watched 90 minutes on TV about 3 times so far this season. Had quite a few games on in background or for half an hour, but rarely have the time to watch a full game.

Had sky sports for a bit, but when my wife went on maternity leave, I wasn't getting a chance to watch it (she usually works weekends meaning I had the tv if I wasn't at a game) and was a way of saving a few £.

Don't miss it, and have her parents sky go on the ipad if I want to watch it. Which I rarely do. Think the only 90 minutes I've watched on that was the Germany game.

Have to wait till Wednesday for these:

FC Twente Ladies v PSG Ladies

UEFA Women's Champions League Last 32 1st Leg

18:00

British Eurosport 2 / British Eurosport 2 HD

Kidderminster Harriers v Welling United

Football Conference

19:45

BT Sport 1 / BT Sport 1 HD

Cheltenham Town v Bristol City

Johnstone's Paint Trophy 2nd Round

19:45