Bosnia In Playoff - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bosnia In Playoff

Dillinger

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wales got it tough over there last week. Dzeko apart, I don't know too much about the rest of them.

Winnable tie for Ireland. If they can come away with nothing worse than a 1-0 defeat then will have a great chance with that Dublin crowd behind them.

Would be the ultimate boot in the bollocks if they made it. 3 Home Nations and Ireland in France with us stuck at home would just be a nightmare.

Bosnia are no mugs but that is a good draw. Fair play to Ireland, they now have a great chance at qualification - I hope they do it.

Maybe it will do our players good having to watch every other nation from these islands at the tournament, with all the accompanying hoopla, whilst we are stuck at home.

There's no good news at all at the mo. Just got to take the punches one by one. It is going to be a nightmare in the build up to June. As much as I cannot stand ROI you have to say they deserve their play off spot. Took 4 points of the world champs and went to Georgia and got 3 pointsso good luck to them.

I would usually root for ROI at tournaments after spending large parts of my childhood there, but as a few pals ribbed me throughout the qualifying campaign, I'm genuinely 50/50 on this.

If they get there I'll back them. If they get papped out in the playoff, I already have my revenge message ready to send...

Tough draw, could have been better for them. They will be missing O'Shea and Walters from first leg and Shane Long for both possibly.

Tough draw indeed - will be very close

Think Long should be back for the playoffs

O'Shea while a loss - i would be hoping with O'Neills defensive nature that we should be able to get by without him for the first leg in sarajevo

Walters - probably been our best player of the campaign...we will miss him in Sarajevo

The away leg in Bosnia is first - so will be looking forward to bringing them back to Dublin provided we can keep it tight it Sarajevo

Some very good players attacking wise ..Dzeko whom we all know , but also Pjanic of Roma

But in saying that - they can definitely be got at defensively....they lost 3-0 to israel, 3-1 to belgium and 2-1 to Cyprus....while they beat wales 2-0 last week...wales had pretty much already qualified and both Bosnia's goals were in the last 20 mins ..wales were well in it up until then.

Very nearly lost again to Cyprus in the return leg last week in a must win game - ended up winning 3-2.

Still will be a very tough game and could go eitherway

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

I think Scotland probably would have done well in a tie like this, because throughout the campaign they were set up to attack, and this bears out in the goals scored - 3 more than Ireland. But, also, they were more defensively naive, with 5 more conceded. So, I think Scotland could have gone out there to take a scoring draw back to Hampden, perhaps 2-2, or 3-3. Ireland will undoubtedly be playing a more cagey game and keep it tight on the defensive end. That said, you need to be taking at least one away goal to the second leg, as it makes things much less nervy. 0-0 going to Dublin would mean the Bosnians only need a scoring draw.