Bosnia In Playoff - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bosnia In Playoff

Dillinger

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweden v Denmark. Is that the Scandinavian equivalent of Auld Enemies' . Without the booing of national anthems I imagine.

Would have thought Norway and Sweden would be that one. They share a land border and used to be one country after they joined in union after a brief war.

Norway went and ruined everything though by voting for Independence a century later. A period of great regret in Norwegian history as all Norwegians have finally realised they were better together.

I am non-plussed.

Love how some here downplay Wales group and feat of qualifying saying they were in an easy group. Yet Bosnia who finished BELOW Wales are now being talked up. So which is it to be? Wales qualified from a tough group (some feat) or Ireland are in with a very good chance as Bosnia are pish?

Edited by Caledonian Craig

Sweden v Denmark. Is that the Scandinavian equivalent of Auld Enemies' . Without the booing of national anthems I imagine.

Na, Norway v Sweden is the big one.

Mind when we were over in Olso 2005?, won 2-1 and rushed back to watch England v NI only to greeted by Sweden v Hungry I think - the only show in town that night given how many Swedes work in Olso. Watched the end of that game, Zlatan scored at the death, all the Norwegians who had stayed to watch or came back from our game were gutted and the Swedes then informed us that there is no love lost between the 2 nations - much like Scotland and England.

Na, Norway v Sweden is the big one.

Mind when we were over in Olso 2005?, won 2-1 and rushed back to watch England v NI only to greeted by Sweden v Hungry I think - the only show in town that night given how many Swedes work in Olso. Watched the end of that game, Zlatan scored at the death, all the Norwegians who had stayed to watch or came back from our game were gutted and the Swedes then informed us that there is no love lost between the 2 nations - much like Scotland and England.

Nah, for Swedes it's versus Denmark that matters. Last time they played some Danish drunk living in Malmö ran into the pitch and attacked the ref

I am non-plussed.

Love how some here downplay Wales group and feat of qualifying saying they were in an easy group. Yet Bosnia who finished BELOW Wales are now being talked up. So which is it to be? Wales qualified from a tough group (some feat) or Ireland are in with a very good chance as Bosnia are pish?

bosnia were very slow starters and were almost out of the group, a few months ago it looked like they were down and out but theyve hit form at the right time and the mini collapse of israel also helped them

Nah, for Swedes it's versus Denmark that matters. Last time they played some Danish drunk living in Malmö ran into the pitch and attacked the ref

Suppose, could be that for Sweden the big game is Denmark and for Norway the big game is Sweden...

Historically have Denmark and Sweden not been the two big kingdoms of Scandinavia, and Norway just keeping itself to itself? Thus Sweden v Denmark is viewed as the big heated rivalry, and the rest between each of them not so much?

Historically have Denmark and Sweden not been the two big kingdoms of Scandinavia, and Norway just keeping itself to itself? Thus Sweden v Denmark is viewed as the big heated rivalry, and the rest between each of them not so much?

Thanks for the feedback. So it seems that Sweden are the england of scandinavia then. With Norway (wales?), Denmark (us) and Finland (Ni) presumably wanting to see Sweden beat at everything from football to tiddlywinks.

Thanks for the feedback. So it seems that Sweden are the england of scandinavia then. With Norway (wales?), Denmark (us) and Finland (Ni) presumably wanting to see Sweden beat at everything from football to tiddlywinks.

Should add that aside from football where they are rubbish, the biggest rivalry for Sweden is vs Finland. They even have their own annual athletics competition which is called "The Finn battle" in Swedish.

Notice Slovenia are not playing their game in Ljubljana, but in the smaller Maribor stadium (Slovenian journalist says that the players prefer playing there as it is a better atmosphere).... with the return leg in Ukraine being played in Lviv rather than Kyiv.

Going to be a really tough tie for us, not fussed by a few on here hoping we lose, we are there on merit and if you take 4 points off the world champs then who can argue it especially when your own boys took 0.

Home leg second is massive, keep it tight first leg and we will have a chance.

Germany result kinda gets negated by getting beat by a 4th placed team ;-)

Couldn't give a monkeys to be honest. Met loads of decent irish. Too many on here gloating though. And far too many plastics here to make me like them.as for the decent of which there many. Good luck.

likewise don't think a,ll even watch the play offs

Should add that aside from football where they are rubbish, the biggest rivalry for Sweden is vs Finland. They even have their own annual athletics competition which is called "The Finn battle" in Swedish.

Aye, but it's ice hockey that's the important battle.

• 2 weeks later...

Some awful bitter posters on here. I can guarantee you lads you'd have practically zero posters on our Irish forum hoping Scotland go out if you got into the playoffs ahead of us. I'd certainly be shouting for yourselves. As for the others wishing us well cheers :ok: We'll certainly need it. Being honest, I do think Bosnia will go through as O'Shea and Walters are huge losses for the away tie.

Some awful bitter posters on here. I can guarantee you lads you'd have practically zero posters on our Irish forum hoping Scotland go out if you got into the playoffs ahead of us. I'd certainly be shouting for yourselves. As for the others wishing us well cheers :ok: We'll certainly need it. Being honest, I do think Bosnia will go through as O'Shea and Walters are huge losses for the away tie.

I hope you get absolutely battered.

Ps. Wee Molly Malone is a hoe