U19 Squad For Euro Qualifiers - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

U19 Squad For Euro Qualifiers

EddardStark

UEFA European Under-19 Championship first round qualifiers
Republic of Ireland, SCOTLAND, Slovenia, Latvia
Friday 13th November - Wednesday 18th November
Republic of Ireland

Scotland Under-19 squad:

Goalkeepers
Robby McCrorie (Rangers)
Devlin Mackay (Kilmarnock)

Defenders
Ross McCrorie (Rangers)
Kyle Cameron (Newcastle United)
Jack Breslin (Celtic)
Alex Iacovitti (Nottingham Forrest)
Zak Jules (Reading)
Kieran Tierney (Celtic)

Midfielders
Joseph Thomson (Celtic)
Ruben Sammut Chelsea
Mark Hill (Celtic)
Frank Ross (Aberdeen)
Aidan Nesbitt (Celtic)
Liam Burt (Rangers)

Forwards
Ryan Hardie (Rangers)
Greg Kiltie (Kilmarnock)
Scott Wright (Aberdeen)
Oliver Burke (Nottingham Forrest)

Also I see Scotland U17's have qualified for the Elite Round of the Euro U17's.

Edited by EddardStark

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many people are gullible and believe what they read in these glossy football magazines that so and so is going to be a star or base their opinion on a player based on one good game for a national youth team.

We should be careful not to put too much pressure on these guys or expect too much from them at this stage.

In one hand I think it's great that Celtic and Rangers are investing in their youth teams and I'm sure the boys are getting good training there. On the other hand, will they ever get near the first team? Unlikely, especially at Celtic.

Celtic are poor at the moment so if they're good enough I'd expect them to play. Aidan Nesbit seems quite a prospect.

Did anyone see Tierney's goal v Hearts U19's this week?

Outrageous.

He playing for both the u19s and the senior side?

Where have all these promising left backs come from all of a sudden?

Pity we can't move them into the centre, though I did see Harry Souttar making the bench for Dundee United recently. I heard he had even more promise than his brother.

He playing for both the u19s and the senior side?

Where have all these promising left backs come from all of a sudden?

Pity we can't move them into the centre, though I did see Harry Souttar making the bench for Dundee United recently. I heard he had even more promise than his brother.

More promise and a few more inches. John will never be centre half

I'd like John Souttar transferred to a club that has clear idea where he should play. For me he's a midfielder.

John Souttar has a lot of great qualities. Unfortunately he's a good enough header to be a central defender and he's not got the engine or the tackling to be a midfielder. He doesn't seem to have much idea what's involved in being a right back.

He'll probably sign a pre-contract for Celtic in January so it'll be somebody else's problem.

Edited by adamntg

John Souttar has a lot of great qualities. Unfortunately he's a good enough header to be a central defender and he's not got the engine or the tackling to be a midfielder. He doesn't seem to have much idea what's involved in being a right back.

He'll probably sign a pre-contract for Celtic in January so it'll be somebody else's problem.

Centre forward? Apparently he used to be a winger.

Somewhat shocked that Zak Jules still in the picture.... at the U17's few years back, apart from the Germany game, he did not look anything special and was clearly only in the squad because he was a teenager built like Mike Tyson in his prime.

Edited by wanderer

Somewhat shocked that Zak Jules still in the picture.... at the U17's few years back, apart from the Germany game, he did not look anything special and was clearly only in the squad because he was a teenager built like Mike Tyson in his prime.

I was too, cant remember if it was U17s i think it was but he looked a right donkey in the highlights i saw.

I was too, cant remember if it was U17s i think it was but he looked a right donkey in the highlights i saw.

Finals in Malta.... Don't think he played against Portugal in the opening game, but then played against Germany where he muscled his way through the game and looked alright, but then got ripped a new one in the semi's against the Netherlands

• 2 weeks later...