Scotland Missed An Open Goal To End Finals Agony - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Missed An Open Goal To End Finals Agony

ByronLoon1986

Ireland played utter anti football in nearly every match, they played garbage against Georgia too but won thanks to a good goal right at the end, they were piss poor against Germany but the Germans had that "we'll score in a minute" attitude and just kept missing.

They didn't deserve anything but had luck we didn't, they only looked passable against Gibralta and Bosnia. The fact Bosnia were in the play offs and Wales struggled against them shows that Wales are totally reliant on their 1 world class player to get by.

In the finals Ireland will be found out again when they need to come out their box, and Wales are one bad tackle away from being shown up for the journeymen they are.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ireland played utter anti football in nearly every match, they played garbage against Georgia too but won thanks to a good goal right at the end, they were piss poor against Germany but the Germans had that "we'll score in a minute" attitude and just kept missing.

They didn't deserve anything but had luck we didn't, they only looked passable against Gibralta and Bosnia. The fact Bosnia were in the play offs and Wales struggled against them shows that Wales are totally reliant on their 1 world class player to get by.

In the finals Ireland will be found out again when they need to come out their box, and Wales are one bad tackle away from being shown up for the journeymen they are.

If that's your opinion on them would hate to know what you think of us!!

If that's your opinion on them would hate to know what you think of us!!

Exactly they'll be partying in the sunshine in France while we're all sitting in our local pubs around Scotland drinking tenants and watching on TV

But it's ok because Ireland play defensive and we don't..... Aye ok

Exactly they'll be partying in the sunshine in France while we're all sitting in our local pubs around Scotland drinking tenants and watching on TV

But it's ok because Ireland play defensive and we don't..... Aye ok

My point is they didn't play particularly good defensive football, they were lucky and scored on the one occasion they went for goal. They could easily have been beaten by 5+ . Germany were slack and didnt get many shots on target even though they were shooting every two minutes.

We were no worse than ireland or poland but didnt qualify, and its not really the managers fault. Ireland got 4 points from Germany and should have got 0. Poland equalised against us in the last minute with a soft freekick in a perfect position.

In the end aye Georgia screwed us but you could argue it was because we were the only team to get nothing from Germany even though we scored against them and gave it a good go.

At the start of the campaign 4 points against Ireland and 2 v Poland should have got us in the top 3 easy.

Aye its a pain in the erse but throwing the toys out the pram, and demanding a new manager, or saying the standard of players are worse than those above us is just looking for someone to blame.

My point is they didn't play particularly good defensive football, they were lucky and scored on the one occasion they went for goal. They could easily have been beaten by 5+ . Germany were slack and didnt get many shots on target even though they were shooting every two minutes.

We were no worse than ireland or poland but didnt qualify, and its not really the managers fault. Ireland got 4 points from Germany and should have got 0. Poland equalised against us in the last minute with a soft freekick in a perfect position.

In the end aye Georgia screwed us but you could argue it was because we were the only team to get nothing from Germany even though we scored against them and gave it a good go.

At the start of the campaign 4 points against Ireland and 2 v Poland should have got us in the top 3 easy.

Aye its a pain in the erse but throwing the toys out the pram, and demanding a new manager, or saying the standard of players are worse than those above us is just looking for someone to blame.

I don't blame Gordon Strachan mate and definitely think he deserves another chance in the next campaign! I blame the players for there disgraceful display in our biggest game in many years GEORGIA!! I also blame those clowns who are running the national game in Scotland.. The SFA (absolutely clueless on how to improve our game)

I just think there is no need to have a go at wee country's like Wales and the Republic of Ireland for playing defensive and trying to get something on the break. Like us they just don't have the players! It's not good to watch but at the end of the day there going to France and we'll be watching in our stinking local boozers up and down the country

Ireland Ulster and Wales deserve enormous credit for qualification.

We deserve nowt. Our big 8 games v Germany Poland Georgia and Ireland we conceded the opening goal on 6 occasions and only kept 3 clean sheets in all 10 group matches.

That ain't qualification material.

And yet in preparing for the campaign we took 1 London friendly between March & dortmund in sept and thought t that was enough. Meanwhile Ireland took 5 friendlies between May and their opener in Tblisi. Looks to me like one team put a whole lot more effort into qualification.

Nuff said

Edited by Eastiebeastie

Just to clarify Irelands pre qualification friendly schedule from may 25 to early Sept 2014.

V Turkey

V Italy

V Costa Rica

V Portugal

V Oman

Us v Nigeria.

As said it appears one team took their preparation far more seriously

Strachan is not a big fan of friendlies, could this have been part of the failure to qualify? Edited by Robroysboy

The qualifying games were all if this had happened if that hadn't happened. In terms of huge mistakes

Mulgrew had a great game at Celtic Park against Ireland, then we play him in defence in Dublin and Georgia, Mulgrew should be nowhere near defence.

In Dublin, we should never have played Forsyth and should have started with Anya. After equalising we should have taken the game to Ireland it was there for the winning, but we thought with the draw the job was done.

Comparisons have been made here about our approach to the matches and that of Ireland. Based on what I watched Ireland on another day could easily have gone.

Georgia Draw

Gibraltar Win

Germany Loss

Scotland Loss

Scotland Draw / Loss

Gibraltar Win

Georgia Win

Germany Loss

Poland Loss

I'll content myself with having in the main enjoyed the manner Scotland attempted to qualify. As for Ireland making the finals, good luck to them, they might even do a Greece.