Scotland V Argentina - Page 2 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland V Argentina

ShedTA

Odd that, given that they were responsible for its popularity. It's as if they preferred singing it when it was a notion of fantasy.

It`s not just Flower of Scotland that`s terrible at Murrayfield, it`s singing in general. The crowd seem embarrassed to sing a song. Mostly women you can hear singing FOS. Might not come across like that on tv but definitely does when you're there. Probably just all the years of rank rugby and hardly any atmosphere in the stadium.

Those who think that FoS is always rubbish at Murrayfield ought to perhaps check out the YouTube footage from 1990...

A historically contrasting performance from us yesterday with our usual strongish defence and piss-poor attack being completely turned on it's head with clinical finishing and disappointing defending (particularly in the last 10 mins). That said, if that is to be the personification of the Cotter era, bring it on!

Those who think that FoS is always rubbish at Murrayfield ought to perhaps check out the YouTube footage from 1990...

I doubt anyone can look on that footage now as they did prior to the referendum ...........

Was all totally bogus when you think about it

A historically contrasting performance from us yesterday with our usual strongish defence and piss-poor attack being completely turned on it's head with clinical finishing and disappointing defending (particularly in the last 10 mins). That said, if that is to be the personification of the Cotter era, bring it on!

The 1990 FoS is easily, by a country mile, the most powerful version I've ever heard. To be there in the ground that day was to appreciate the role a crowd can play in a sporting contest. The irony in the light of recent events is obvious, but it is true nonetheless that nothing I've heard at a game at Hampden comes close to Murrayfield that day.

The 1990 FoS is easily, by a country mile, the most powerful version I've ever heard. To be there in the ground that day was to appreciate the role a crowd can play in a sporting contest. The irony in the light of recent events is obvious, but it is true nonetheless that nothing I've heard at a game at Hampden comes close to Murrayfield that day.

Was it not also the first time is was sung there ?

Anyway...Laidlaw was outstanding even if he does frustratingly often take three steps sideways before passing it. Great to see him going forward rather than sideways.

Ford very good too and hit the line out jumpers each time which was extra good given neither Grays are experienced line out callers, with Jonny the more experienced of the two on that front.

It was great to see Ashe, Jonny Gray and Bennett play, with lots of positives from them, albeit with some Bennett handling errors and a couple of poor decisions from Jonny Gray in an otherwise excellent performance. Both those guys will be brilliant for us for years to come. Possibly the most talented players I've seen for Scotland for some time.

Finn Russell looks to have solved the 10 issue, with a mature and varied performance. He'll get better and better and is miles ahead of Weir. We've got real quality in the backs now, even with Scott missing at the weekend and Visser's behind Seymour for the all round game. Still reckon the 6, 7 shirts are up for grabs, Welsh, Grant and Reid will push Murray, Dickinson and Cross for the prop positions, and Gilchrist will try to displace one of the Grays...

Lots of positives for next week and into the six nations.