Scotland Players In Action - Page 136 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Anya, Morrison and D.Fletcher are out then:

Brown and McArthur holding players.

Morrison was suspended for Poland anyway and assuming Anya doesn't make it:

S.Fletcher up front, Nasmith, Maloney and Ritchie the 3 behind him. Fletcher scored today and apparently played well so pretty sure WGS will pick him, Ritchie has been playing well and scored a screamer the other week and Naismith can play in his Everton position.

Watched the entire Palace-West Brom game and have to say I thought Fletcher looked better than McArthur. He's stuck in a poor team that plays next to no football (as is Morrison) but on todays showing I'd have him alongside Brown and ahead of McArthur, if fit. Looks like he's put some much needed weight on and lasted the 90 mins no bother.

Edited by arctic

I don't think Anya will be that big a miss. His form for us hasn't been very good for awhile now. Plus him and Robertson hasn't worked yet, maybe that's one of the reasons for his form.

Agree with this. Hasn't contributed much since Warsaw although seems to have prospered in fullback role for club recently.

If Anya, Morrison and D.Fletcher are out then:

Brown and McArthur holding players.

Morrison was suspended for Poland anyway and assuming Anya doesn't make it:

S.Fletcher up front, Nasmith, Maloney and Ritchie the 3 behind him. Fletcher scored today and apparently played well so pretty sure WGS will pick him, Ritchie has been playing well and scored a screamer the other week and Naismith can play in his Everton position.

The enforced changes if confirmed may work to our advantage....freshen up the areas of team that have been underperforming.

Morrison would not have started v Poland and Darren Fletcher had only played a bit part this campaign.

If Anya is a doubt then Matt Ritchie is a more than suitable alternative for his place.... Morrisons loss will already have been taken into account (either move Mulgrew in beside Brown or McArthur).

Thought mulgrew was injured .I would keep McArthur in there ,been consistent this season

Strachan was saying the other day that Mulgrew will get every chance to prove his fitness when the squad meets up, which sounds like he is firmly in Strachans plans

Naismith started in the liverpool derby and got 70 plus minutes. Had two great chances to score and the liverpool keeper denied him.

Expect him to be one of our main goal threats on Thurday, along with Maloney and S Fletcher who also scored at the weekend.

:ok:

I thought he looked good today. Looking bang on form.

kmcca5, on 05 Oct 2015 - 07:37 AM, said:

I thought he looked good today. Looking bang on form.

So i hear. I still think he should've started up front for us in the last 2 games. I'd give him that role on Thursday also.

McArthur Brown (i'd play Fletcher but Strachan wont)

Maloney Ritchie Anya

Naismith

So i hear. I still think he should've started up front for us in the last 2 games. I'd give him that role on Thursday also.

McArthur Brown (i'd play Fletcher but Strachan wont)

Maloney Ritchie Anya

Naismith

Pretty much what I'd go with. Would love to see McArthur and Fletcher play the holding roles but won't happen.

I'm just delighted to be going into these games with strikers who are in decent form. I know Fletcher has only managed one goal but it's a start...

Still would like to see Naismith up top for the Poland game with Rhodes and another starting vs. Gibraltar. As mentioned previously, I am disappointed for McCormack, he is constantly being overlooked despite his exploits for Fulham.

I'm just delighted to be going into these games with strikers who are in decent form. I know Fletcher has only managed one goal but it's a start...

Still would like to see Naismith up top for the Poland game with Rhodes and another starting vs. Gibraltar. As mentioned previously, I am disappointed for McCormack, he is constantly being overlooked despite his exploits for Fulham.

Agreed. Not sure what else McCormack can do. Watched him 3 times in the last month or so - he's quick, creative and scoring goals for fun. Strachan watched him from the crowd in the game against Blackburn. Strange that he called up Rhodes and not McCormack based on that performance alone.