Jack Harper Exclusion - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jack Harper Exclusion

Paulo2576

Chelsea, feeder club. Don't think so.

Probably right as chelsea don't produce players, sentiment is that if Real Madrid want a chelsea player they will sign him.

Harper nor the club he plays for is the issue here. It's the comments about sacrificing technical ability for "physicality and runners" in a development squad that is the issue. The fact it has taken the emission of a player, whom it seems Ive seen play more than the coach who is employed to do that job, who just happens to play, successfully for one of the best clubs in the world, has just exacerbated those comments. Antiquated and embarrassing.

Worthy of dismissal, in my opinion. We can not have attitudes like that in positions of such developmental importance.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Sbraiga got form? Iirc his appointment was generally welcomed and up to this point I hadn't heard anything particularly adverse about him.

Same. I've heard he's a really good coach.

I find his reasons for not picking Harper worse than if he just didnt rate him.

It also sounds like nobody has watched him play in the past 6 months which is ridiculous.

It also sounds like nobody has watched him play in the past 6 months which is ridiculous.

It's not like you can get a return flight to Madrid for £150 quid though...

Tho presumably Harper has been in national squads during that time, which makes his exclusion and the 'reasons' for it difficult to fathom

Born and bred in Spain ya loony.

I know exactly the situation, and as I replied earlier it was maybe a harsh comparison. I'm of the opinion though that playing for scotland isn't a plaything that if things don't go your way you can just go play for someone else. He has said he's scottish, to me that means the possibility of playing for another country shouldn't even come into his thinking. So from that perspective he would be turning his back on his country to play for another country - same as McCarthy. You yourself are pretty damning(as am I) of players who play for England under 21s and then switch to play for us, which is the same as what he'd be doing if he ends up playing for Spain.

Of course this has come through his father, and reads to me like frustration of his dad at this stage. Let's hope he's a big part of Scotland's future.