Jack Harper Exclusion - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jack Harper Exclusion

Paulo2576

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to replace these dinosaurs with forward thinking Spanish, Dutch, German and the like coaches who will not revert to the typical Scottish hoofball approach.

Our kids at u16 and u17 are starting to look like they have the technical ability to match the best but I worry for them if that's the attitude of coaches that should be there to progress these kids careers.

That level isn't about win at all costs, the primary objective is to prepare them for a future in the first team.

Wonder what mark wotte would have made of this. I thought all our teams would play a 433 and play possession football.not just hoofing it up to the big guy. A disgrace from a so called qualified coach

That is what I thought also..... but then, look at last summers U17 championship side.... you had the kid from Reading who was built like a tank, and though played alright against Germany, was nothing special and was clearly there because he had a bit of beef about him.

There's no way that bloody fool Spragia can be left to get away with this. It's holding the team and a talented young Scottish player back.

It all depends on whether people can be arsed to do this or not but is it worth us all sending the SFA an angry e-mail or two to protest this act of gross stupidity ? Just a thought.

That is what I thought also..... but then, look at last summers U17 championship side.... you had the kid from Reading who was built like a tank, and though played alright against Germany, was nothing special and was clearly there because he had a bit of beef about him.

I remember him. I would actually go as far to say he was bad. But he was about a foot taller and wider than everyone else, hence being picked. He'll end up playing league 2 football when he's older.

I was wondering why Harper had been used sparingly up until now. We now know it's because Sbragia saw him as a luxury.

Sbragia's motivation in this job is clearly to boost his C.V and get headhunted for another job. He doesn't give a damn about the youths only his own personal record. Disgrace.

We've got a supremely talented footballer on our hands (as evidence by the fact he is at Real Madrid).

Not only is he at Read Madrid, but he is being given a free role by Real Madrid. That would indicate that somebody at the Bernabeu reckons Jack Harper is a bloody good footballer for his age.

Yet our 'coach' reckons he would be better picking a 'big strong boy' who can run up and down the pitch without any of the 'fancy dan pish'.

What a complete and utter joke.

Honestly cant believe what spragia has came out and said. Its as if he doesnt want our youth team to be succesful. Its a complete farce

How many countries at youth level would love to pick a lad thats playing for real madrid?

Honestly cant believe what spragia has came out and said. Its as if he doesnt want our youth team to be succesful. Its a complete farce

How many countries at youth level would love to pick a lad thats playing for real madrid?

No, it's the opposite. He only cares about his own success. He only cares if the u19s win because it makes him look good. He clearly doesn't give a damn about nurturing the players that will be good enough for the senior squad. That means nothing to him

Every successful side has at least one "luxury player" within them (Hazard, Sanchez, Ronaldo, Messi etc and no I'm not saying Harper is in their class) so Sbragia leaving out Harper for this reason and to select bigger players for tactical reasons is short-sighted and not at all with the modern day thinking. Even look at the current Scotland team, part of the reason we are doing much better is that our technical players like Maloney are given more freedom to play their own game knowing that they have guys around them like Brown to do the donkey work (running and tackling) for them.

Anybody on here seen Harper play?...

Watched a couple of Youth Champions League games earlier in the season, thought he looked pretty good technically. I remember him being very confident on the ball too.

Watched a couple of Youth Champions League games earlier in the season, thought he looked pretty good technically. I remember him being very confident on the ball too.

Definitely too good to play for Scotland. :lol:

This seems to have blown up. Hopefully Strachan is taking notice!

There is absolutely no room for selfishness in the Scotland set up. Everyone involved should have the ultimate goal of striving to improve the senior team.

If there is anyone involved that is there simply for personal accomplishments then he is in the wrong job.