The Official Is Matt Ritchie Good Enough Thread. - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Official Is Matt Ritchie Good Enough Thread.

JagDude

It's probably already been said but anyway, why didn't we call up GMS, Armstrong or Gauld instead of a guy who's never even given scotland a thought let alone a vist???

Strachan said that GMS and Armstrong weren't in the squad because he felt that they were just as talented at Utd as they are now at celtic so this should not mean an automatic call up just because they sign for celtic. He then said that these guys have to earn their way in as the guys currently playing for us.

I sort of agree with his first point about GMS and Armstrong but he then goes and calls up a guy who most hadn't heard of, who has never even set foot in Scotland and who is apparently in the frame more than our own Scottish talent. I'd rather we'd called up the other two even if it looks like signing for celtic has earned them a call up

I'm starting to lose interest in the national side and this is exactly why!!!!

Edited by vanderark14

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to lose interest in the national side and this is exactly why!!!!

I am surprised you have stayed interested so long then. I mean if you are so anti to players born without the country representing another one then it has been going on in international football for decades. Why has it taken you so long for the disenchantment to set in?

I am surprised you have stayed interested so long then. I mean if you are so anti to players born without the country representing another one then it has been going on in international football for decades. Why has it taken you so long for the disenchantment to set in?

No idea why it's taken so long, I was never a fan of it but now it seems that we just pick them over arguably better Scottish talent. I'm not really interested in what other national sides do, I am concerned about our own talent being left out for a guy who couldn't point to scotland on a map.

Would you not be pissed off if you were GMS, Gauld or Armstromg?

No idea why it's taken so long, I was never a fan of it but now it seems that we just pick them over arguably better Scottish talent. I'm not really interested in what other national sides do, I am concerned about our own talent being left out for a guy who couldn't point to scotland on a map.

Would you not be pissed off if you were GMS, Gauld or Armstromg?

Actually, I don't get the part about you not caring about what other countries are doing. That smacks of if they do it fair enough but Scotland shouldn't be doing it. As for GMS and Armstrong their time will certainly come and Gauld's will as well and Ritchie's involvement didn't keep Gauld out as he was named in the U-21s.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

Actually, I don't get the part about you not caring about what other countries are doing. That smacks of if they do it fair enough but Scotland shouldn't be doing it. As for GMS and Armstrong their time will certainly come and Gauld's will as well and Ritchie's involvement didn't keep Gauld out as he was named in the U-21s.

Have you never tolerated something and then finally got fed up of it?

It doesn't smack of that at all, I'd rather no country did it but my main concern is scotland.

Gauld could have easily been called up to the full squad and the other two shouldn't have to wait because the likes of Ritchie are called up before them.

My take on it is I'd sooner every player we picked was Scottish-born but I hold true that sport should be played on a level playing field. Therefore, as long as other countries use players not born in their own countries then if our manager sees fit to do likewise then sobeit but at least it means we are srill competing on a level playing field.