Darren Fletcher - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Darren Fletcher

ScotlandFanMuir

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MotM for me was probably their keeper. None of our guys really did enough to win it imo. we were pretty uninspired all across the park.

Aye, I'm not getting carried away. I thought Fletcher did well in a game which was pretty poor overall.

Certainly looking at the game last night and the USA friendly at Hampden before that, I would probably vote in favour of the Nations League proposal. I don't think we're gaining much from these games.

Certainly looking at the game last night and the USA friendly at Hampden before that, I would probably vote in favour of the Nations League proposal. I don't think we're gaining much from these games.

Was thinking this on the train last night...... bar Nigeria and England at Wembley, we have not been as good as our competitive form has been under Strachan in friendlies (Estonia, USA, Norway, England at Celtic Park and last night were all certainly poor games/performances from us, with very little edge to them)

Glad to see Darren has recovered from his illness and getting regular football at his new club. As regards his selection in the future I am not convinced. On Wednesday his play was neat and tidy, albeit maybe that's what was asked of him. Against better teams we will need a great deal more from that area of the park e.g. winning 50/50 balls and more creative. IMO we have others in the squad who can do that much better than Darren, as they have done in previous ties in this campaign.

Glad to see Darren has recovered from his illness and getting regular football at his new club. As regards his selection in the future I am not convinced. On Wednesday his play was neat and tidy, albeit maybe that's what was asked of him. Against better teams we will need a great deal more from that area of the park e.g. winning 50/50 balls and more creative. IMO we have others in the squad who can do that much better than Darren, as they have done in previous ties in this campaign.

Such as please.

I agree fletcher is neat and tidy but offers nothing in terms of penetration and drive.I don't know why folk continually rave on about him.

100 % agreement.

Had his day in my opinion will be gutted if handed captains band full time from now on.

Keep Brown as captain.............

Can someone please highlight to me what fletcher done wrong on wednesday night. Seems to be a regular occurrence with our support Miller and McFadden were subject to constant criticism from some sections of the support. Miller in particular despite his goal record. For me fletcher not a stand out but easily motm.

Can someone please highlight to me what fletcher done wrong on wednesday night. Seems to be a regular occurrence with our support Miller and McFadden were subject to constant criticism from some sections of the support. Miller in particular despite his goal record. For me fletcher not a stand out but easily motm.

I my opinion didnt do a lot wrong in a game on Wed night.

But in truth they did not have a midfield.

To me he has lost his pace and looked to be struggling with his passes a bit mate.

IMO many people just like the wholehearted action style of for example Scott Brown.They love him for his get in their faces approach etc.Fletcher eg doesn't dive in,plays a lot of simple secure passes,and exactly because of that I think they ars almost the perfect two holding midfielders.And while Fletcher is one of my favourite players I would still leave the captaincy with Broon because he's done a great job up till now.

IMO many people just like the wholehearted action style of for example Scott Brown.They love him for his get in their faces approach etc.Fletcher eg doesn't dive in,plays a lot of simple secure passes,and exactly because of that I think they ars almost the perfect two holding midfielders.And while Fletcher is one of my favourite players I would still leave the captaincy with Broon because he's done a great job up till now.

Same here.

Must admit, in the West Stand last night when it was announced - 'Vauxhall's man of the match - Darren Fletcher!' - I let off a bit of a giggle and shouting on what planet. Although, it must've been hard to pick a stand out player.

Anya for me. Head and shoulders above anyone else on the park.

Disagree. The captain doesn't default to the best midfielder, or the bossing midfielder, or the best attacking player, or the player that puts in the hardest tackles. It's the leader and the organiser. For me, Fletcher is the best we have at that and is doing exactly that at West Brom. Broony leads by example and he shouldn't need a captain's arm band for that.

Sure, I think there is a debate to be had about whether Fletcher is a natural pick for some games but when he is playing, he's out captain IMO. Broony is an excellent vice-captain though.

When you consider how the team performed in the qualifiers when Brown was our captain its a no contest, Brown every time. Can't remember many if any games when Fletcher was captain, when the team should so much quality, organisation and endeavour.

When you consider how the team performed in the qualifiers when Brown was our captain its a no contest, Brown every time. Can't remember many if any games when Fletcher was captain, when the team should so much quality, organisation and endeavour.

The Germany game?

Edited by braveheart_lynch

Doesn't really bother me who out of the two are captain, to have both available is good enough for me after Fletchs illness. Not convinced they will both always start now in every game, today being the example. If fit would expect them both start in Dublin.

Maybe to you, he's done nothing for me. Fletcher is a far Better more ambitious player than brown. Kicking people's ankles then squaring up to try and get them booked is embarrassing. The gibraltans showed him up today with the silly fouls and then nasty challenge he made. If he was any good he wouldn't be a Celtic still.

Maybe to you, he's done nothing for me. Fletcher is a far Better more ambitious player than brown. Kicking people's ankles then squaring up to try and get them booked is embarrassing. The gibraltans showed him up today with the silly fouls and then nasty challenge he made. If he was any good he wouldn't be a Celtic still.

Sorry but you've got sevco reeking out you

Get a grip and leave club football allegincies out of this. Whilst all of his peers have went off and tried football in better leagues, he has hung about. He should be out there challenging himself, but you never even hear him linked to anyone. Cause browns a 90 min hard man as stated earlier in the Thread, he gets the cheers. But as a footballer he is lacking far more than fletcher. Fletcher has played on teams that won the champions league. Brown plays for a team that gets papped out europe 3 times a year. They ant even close to comparible players. one will go down a legend for us.

Don't agree with the 90 minute hard man persona, certainly not for Scotland which is pretty much all I care about. Browns happy at Celtic and plays well for us, like I said he's been an important player for us, especially when Fletch was out ill. Fletch's club career will always be more impressive than most of our squad.