5-0 At Least On Sunday - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

5-0 At Least On Sunday

usainboltyarocket

Oh dont be so ridiculous......Its in no way arrogant at all.

If you were to read my previous posts i have backed the lesser teams like luxembourg , cyprus etc etc

I dont mind us playing Gibraltar nor going to watch us play them but the reality is, Gibraltar playing the bigger nations at the moment is going to do them NO favours. Having them thrown straight into the qualifying groups like this just to suffer repeated heavy beatings will only hinder their international development.

You make a point about cyprus being minnows back in the 70's which is fair....but football has become more evolved since then , technically and tactically and most importantly financially and it is ruled by rich powerful associations who can afford proper structures and investment in their devoloping top players. .

Gibraltar have played 4 games in our group...scoring 0 goals and conceding 20 goals.....thats the harsh reality

Gibraltar deserve a chance ....absolutely....I wholeheartedly agree but that has to be done with their pedigree in mind

So if there was a Placing of Europes minnows in there own qualification phase then it would produce competitive matches, allowing their coaches to set up in an attacking manner and develop their careers as tacticians by deploying new formations and styles.

It will also afford the opportunity to develop young players and create a winning culture that generates more national pride than been slaughtered everytime they play a "bigger" nation

Sure did .....not a great performance but thats kind of getting away from the point mate

Totally agree, it would be of benefit to introduce something like this. You have covered why so no need to elaborate.

Edited by flynnyboy

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put a few punts on early this week.

Seen bits of Gibraltar and think we should score a few.

Scotland(-4.5) 2/1

Scotland (most goals scored 2nd half) 10/11

Romania -2 vs Faroes/Scotland -4.5 double 6/1

More optimistic punts are ;

Scotland (-6) 4/1

Scotland to win 9-0 22/1

Tempted to stick on a 10-0 win on.

Oh dont be so ridiculous......Its in no way arrogant at all.

If you were to read my previous posts i have backed the lesser teams like luxembourg , cyprus etc etc

I dont mind us playing Gibraltar nor going to watch us play them but the reality is, Gibraltar playing the bigger nations at the moment is going to do them NO favours. Having them thrown straight into the qualifying groups like this just to suffer repeated heavy beatings will only hinder their international development.

You make a point about cyprus being minnows back in the 70's which is fair....but football has become more evolved since then , technically and tactically and most importantly financially and it is ruled by rich powerful associations who can afford proper structures and investment in their devoloping top players. .

Gibraltar have played 4 games in our group...scoring 0 goals and conceding 20 goals.....thats the harsh reality

Gibraltar deserve a chance ....absolutely....I wholeheartedly agree but that has to be done with their pedigree in mind

So if there was a Placing of Europes minnows in there own qualification phase then it would produce competitive matches, allowing their coaches to set up in an attacking manner and develop their careers as tacticians by deploying new formations and styles.

It will also afford the opportunity to develop young players and create a winning culture that generates more national pride than been slaughtered everytime they play a "bigger" nation

Sure did .....not a great performance but thats kind of getting away from the point mate

Disagree, and I'm sure the players that have played the World Champions, the Aviva, Hampden, and the brilliant stadium in Warsaw would disagree also.

Remember Gibraltar fought tooth and nail just to get recognition. And as it stands those Barsteward Spanish will send them back into the wilderness for another 4 years because of politics.

We should never get in the way of a country playing, that smacks of "it's our ball and you arnt welcome".

You have to start somewhere and as we have seen with other minnows, over time 7-0, turns to 4-0, to 2-1 to 0-0 and eventually 0-1.

They will improve.

J

I put a few punts on early this week.

Seen bits of Gibraltar and think we should score a few.

Scotland(-4.5) 2/1

Scotland (most goals scored 2nd half) 10/11

Romania -2 vs Faroes/Scotland -4.5 double 6/1

More optimistic punts are ;

Scotland (-6) 4/1

Scotland to win 9-0 22/1

Tempted to stick on a 10-0 win on.

Got 10-0 @ 55/1... its only a £1 ?

I just wonder what the reaction will be like on here with varying scorelines.

For me securing the three points is the priority and a hatful of goals would be a nice bonus and I must admit a pleasant surprise.

My fear is that anything below 5-0 will see an enraged reaction and some will even right off our qualification hopes on the back of it which I see as way way over the top. I cannot see us racking up anymore than six goals and that is me being optimistic as we aren't really geared or well-equipped to score goals by the bucket load as our strikers strike-rate well shows. Our top scorers presently are actually midfielders which say it all and even some of our defenders have hit the net more times than our strikers. For me an early goal or two would be great and so to stop the palms getting sweaty and knot of fear building in the stomach. At the end of the day we are geared more to getting results so a win is all I want but no doubt once the first goal goes on I will become greedier and greedier.

I think it'll depend who plays up front.

If Fletcher plays in think we'll struggle badly to get 3. He couldn't hit a coo on the arse with a banjo.

If anyone else (even my deid Granny) plays we will get 5 or more.

If they score then our back 4 and keeper should be given 3 years hard labour in a Victorian prison.

Can't believe some of the over-confidence from some folk on here. It should and probably will be a rout, but this is Scotland. Have we learnt nothing at all over the years.

It'll definitely be Fletcher up front in order to try and get him some goals and confidence, which immediately makes me concerned. He's not doing it for me at all.

Sure we'll win, but can't say with confidence we'll hit five.

Can't believe some of the over-confidence from some folk on here. It should and probably will be a rout, but this is Scotland. Have we learnt nothing at all over the years.

It'll definitely be Fletcher up front in order to try and get him some goals and confidence, which immediately makes me concerned. He's not doing it for me at all.

Sure we'll win, but can't say with confidence we'll hit five.

It's not over confidence. If we don't win by at least 4 then we should just chuckle qualifying now. This is a Sunday League team we're playing. There are no excuses possible.

It's not over confidence. If we don't win by at least 4 then we should just chuckle qualifying now. This is a Sunday League team we're playing. There are no excuses possible.

That is nonsense. We should beat them well, but I can't believe people expecting 7 or 8 or even double figures? How many teams score that many in a game. Doesn't matter who you're playing a defensive wall of 11 can be very tough to get past. I'm hopeful but if it ends up 3-0 I won't be surprised.

That is nonsense. We should beat them well, but I can't believe people expecting 7 or 8 or even double figures? How many teams score that many in a game. Doesn't matter who you're playing a defensive wall of 11 can be very tough to get past. I'm hopeful but if it ends up 3-0 I won't be surprised.

I didnt say 7 or 8. In my opinion 4 is pass marks. Anything less is a fail.

And they should never score.

You're example of San Marino doesn't help you either since they're now 4 down and are in fact far better than Gibraltar.

I didnt say 7 or 8. In my opinion 4 is pass marks. Anything less is a fail.

And they should never score.

You're example of San Marino doesn't help you either since they're now 4 down and are in fact far better than Gibraltar.

Never mentioned San Marino? Plenty comments going round about 7/8 if not yourself. I was more referring to your chuck it comment for less than four, I'm sure it was tongue in cheek, but we've plenty examples of struggling to break these teams down. My point is that a hatful isn't guaranteed and if it doesn't happen then it'll be cos it's just one of them games.

Never mentioned San Marino? Plenty comments going round about 7/8 if not yourself. I was more referring to your chuck it comment for less than four, I'm sure it was tongue in cheek, but we've plenty examples of struggling to break these teams down. My point is that a hatful isn't guaranteed and if it doesn't happen then it'll be cos it's just one of them games.

Got you confused with other poster, sorry!

However the example holds.

San Marino, Luxembourg and Liechtenstein are all much better and more experienced than Gibraltar. All of them are losing by at least 3 to teams not much different from Scotland.

Of course it's not guaranteed but it should be. If the right players are picked and they apply themselves then we should spank them.

No excuses. If we can't do it we have no business being at the finals.

Got you confused with other poster, sorry!

However the example holds.

San Marino, Luxembourg and Liechtenstein are all much better and more experienced than Gibraltar. All of them are losing by at least 3 to teams not much different from Scotland.

Of course it's not guaranteed but it should be. If the right players are picked and they apply themselves then we should spank them.

No excuses. If we can't do it we have no business being at the finals.

They probably are worse than those, but I doubt by much. Didn't they get a decent result in a friendly last year? It'll be disappointing if we don't fill our boots, but to say we don't deserve to be at the finals is ridiculous. So a four goal victory means we are worthy but three means no?

They have a population of 29,000 for gods sake less than Most small towns in Scotland and less than half of Guernsey where I live. Most Scottish championship teams would hammer them. If we don't put at least 5 past them I would be very surprised. Then again I was gobsmacked that Germany only got 4 at home

They have a population of 29,000 for gods sake less than Most small towns in Scotland and less than half of Guernsey where I live. Most Scottish championship teams would hammer them. If we don't put at least 5 past them I would be very surprised. Then again I was gobsmacked that Germany only got 4 at home

I'm sure Lichtenstein have a similar population and we all remember that disaster.. You're right we should hammer them and hopefully we will.