5-0 At Least On Sunday - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

5-0 At Least On Sunday

usainboltyarocket

I'm sure Lichtenstein have a similar population and we all remember that disaster.. You're right we should hammer them and hopefully we will.

Liechtenstein population 36000 San Marino 31000, We have struggled against both in the past, But i think we should be putting at least 5 past Gibraltar!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liechtenstein population 36000 San Marino 31000, We have struggled against both in the past, But i think we should be putting at least 5 past Gibraltar!

It's not just about population after a while.

These teams started off the same as Gib but have developed over the years and also started applying more and more "granny rules" which effectively increases their player pool. Takes at least 10-20 years though.

It's not just about population after a while.

These teams started off the same as Gib but have developed over the years and also started applying more and more "granny rules" which effectively increases their player pool. Takes at least 10-20 years though.

I agree, Teams like liechtenstein San Marino and Luxembourg have improved over the years.They all have at least a point so far this campaign liechtenstein actually have 4!

Teams like liechtenstein San Marino and Luxembourg have improved over the years.They all have at least a point so far this campaign liechtenstein actually have 4!

Look at Iceland, less people than Edinburgh, current 5 points ahead of the Dutch...

This is not about populations of countries though as to whether they can compete as we know many small countries (population-wise can and have punched well-above their weight. People using past struggles against Liechtenstein and Luxembourg are way off the mark. Those countries are weak nations but are well-established and have proven they are not total pushovers. They have adapted and strengthened their set-up now as Faroe Islands have done in varying ways. Gibraltar though are a totally different kettle of fish as in they are a newly-formed international side finding their way in the sport (unlike Liechtenstein and Luxembourg) and also only have thrashings to show for their efforts in qualifying (again unlike Liechtenstein and Luxembourg). Also posters are forgetting the circumstances the Liechtenstein and Luxembourg games were played in. We had managers out of their depth, with a team devoid of confidence and spirits were low - so unlike things now with Gordon. If the doubters still doubt then I am staggered.