Krakow Stag Doo - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Krakow Stag Doo

they've_been_suckered

Fantastic place! One thing I noticed, it was not as wall-to-wall stag doo's as I thought it would be (was expecting Prague, yet only ever saw a hand full).

Depends what you are looking for..... some good bars in the old town (House of Beer was excellent), but its the underground and hidden away bars that make the city great :ok:

Disappointed I only found Chimiel Bar just outside the old town on the last night, and left it late to sample Kazimierz on the last night, as just wall to wall amazing bars :beer2:

Try Crazy Guides for some idea's of things to do as they offer some great tours and parties idea's especially for Stag Doo's.

Also, when you get the munchies, try Moeburger (best burger you will ever have at the price of a McD's)

Anyone able to offer any tips for my trip to Krakow next weekend? Fairly sizable stag party going (20)

Wisla are playing Wroclaw - is the football worthwhile?

I was on a stagger there 7 years ago in similar numbers - great place for it. Cheap beer, decent food, good nightlife - couldn't fault it.

As a way to break up the continual bevvying we went on a cycle tour of the city one day - it was organised by an American guy who was into football in a big way. Great tour as it showed you the Schindler factory, the old Jewish quarter (Kazimierz) and a fair bit of the rest of the place.

Link here: http://www.krakowbiketour.com/aboutus.html

We saw the cycle tour guide guy on Sky TV a short time after we were there acting as a local guide for Ross Kemp in one of his tv programmes - the programme was about the violence associated with Polish club football and was filmed in Krakow. All you need to know is that club games over there are like Old Firm matches on steroids, so they don't tend to suit the day tripper type fan...

Edited by neilser

We saw the cycle tour guide guy on Sky TV a short time after we were there acting as a local guide for Ross Kemp in one of his tv programmes - the programme was about the violence associated with Polish club football and was filmed in Krakow. All you need to know is that club games over there are like Old Firm matches on steroids, so they don't tend to suit the day tripper type fan...

Its really eye opening when walking around the city and you can tell when you walk in to a Cracovia zone and a Wisla zone of the city (and this is in main touristy area's!) and its clear than fans of the other team are not welcome!

Will probably give the football a miss - you're not the first to say to me its a bit dodgy!

Think as long as it is not the Krakow derby or Warsaw in town, you should be ok for the football.

Both grounds are actually surprisingly very close to the old town (very walkable) and both are separated by a large park in the area.

Cracovia ground I passed twice on the bus out to the Saltmines and in the taxi back to airport (I only saw the flood lights to Wisla ground) and would say a easy 10-15 minute walk from the main square.

You'll probably not get tickets as you need a fan card.

Don't be visibly drunk on the street or a 300zł fine and a night in the drunk tank awaits.

Kazimierz is a cracking night out. :ok: And as Wanderer says, try the underground clubs at the main square. Takes some finding, but you'll get there eventually.

Edited by OLAS

Do me a favour - visit Hard Candy bar and kick feck out of them - scam bar where they have a "visible" price list whihc you obvioulsy dont look at and charge £25 a drink

http://www.polishforums.com/travel-5/hard-candy-krakow-39563/

http://www.tripadvisor.co.za/Restaurant_Review-g274772-d4598342-Reviews-Hard_Candy-Krakow_Lesser_Poland_Province_Southern_Poland.html

There are around 3 of these types of bars

• 4 weeks later...

If you go off the main drag/square take a picture of the price list before going in.

As per with these cities the square is a bit pricier and a bit Americanised. Although it is nice to sit out and have a beer.

Or ask for the pricelist before ordering, a lot pof bars have a pricelist and a tourist one that you get hit with after ordering, happened to us and there was only two of us, rest of the group were in a club, there were two big lads on the door, we just paid and left

any ideas for 6 girls going in May from a thursday to Monday?

ages ranging from 40s to 60s?

Highly recommend the Polish Folk Night put on by this agent

http://www.krakow-tours.pl/tours,71.html

Number of us did it our night in Krakow on route to Warsaw, and have to say one of the best nights I have had on a TA trip in years :ok: worth it alone just to see Cove Sheep up dancing and Flure doing the Polish version of the Birdie Dance :-))

any ideas for 6 girls going in May from a thursday to Monday?

ages ranging from 40s to 60s?

Can't go to Kraków without a visit to auschwitz. Not the most uplifting experiences but an unbelievably touching and moving time. If you do go then make sure you combine it with with birkenau. The sheer size of that industrial killing plant is just incredible,

If you you dont wanna do that kinda thing the jewish quarter is great to wander about in as is the old city. You'll no find a shortage of things to do. I went a few years ago and raved about it to my family. My sister has been twice since and my mum and dad loved it

Can't go to Kraków without a visit to auschwitz. Not the most uplifting experiences but an unbelievably touching and moving time. If you do go then make sure you combine it with with birkenau. The sheer size of that industrial killing plant is just incredible,

If you you dont wanna do that kinda thing the jewish quarter is great to wander about in as is the old city. You'll no find a shortage of things to do. I went a few years ago and raved about it to my family. My sister has been twice since and my mum and dad loved it

I went to Auschwitz with 16 lads on a Stag and bloody hell it was moving.

When we got back onto the bus there was just silence, total silence for about 5 minutes until the best man rallied the troops.

Superb experience.

We visited Auschwitz/Birkenau en route to the game in Warsaw in Oct.

To say it was enjoyable wouldn't be right - but I would say it's unmissable.