Ac/dc To Play Hampden - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ac/dc To Play Hampden

Park further away from the stadium, round Victoria Road/Pollokshaws Road direction. Slightly longer walk back to the car but you'll get straight on to the motorway.

I parked about 5 minutes walk from the West Terracing next to a Bowling Club. Got on the M74 about 15 minutes after getting in the car with no traffic problems at all. Home in Dunbar by midnight after dropping folk off in Edinburgh.

Edited by Kittymeister

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time I've seen them live. For some reason I passed up the chance of tickets for Hampden in 2009 when I lived a 10 minute walk away. Can't remember why now, but that's why I came down from Lossiemouth for this gig - got a feeling it might have been the last time they play here.

I'm a fan but not a massive one and as I've said first time I've seen them so no expectations or anything to compare it to. I thought it was merely good. The insistence on Angus taking centre stage for every single song got a bit grating and his solo went on and on. There's only so much guitar polishing I can take. Unlike others I've seen there was next to no communicating with the crowd. I'm not looking for Bono style monologues but a more personal touch is fun - Vintage Trouble were fantastic in that regard. As has been said, Johnson looks tired, but fair play to still be doing it at all. How the feck Angus keeps that up for two hours feck knows :lol:

All in all a 'good' gig but it wouldn't rank in my top 10.

Random question

Were you staying at the airport for this m8?

Random indeed :lol: No, Fraser Suites in Merchant City.

Ah never mind. Good mate of mine moved up to Elgin a few years ago. He rung me last week to tell me a guy from Lossie that he knows was heading down for it and where was the best place to head for a pint that was handy to the ground.

Although now I think about it, you would obviously now that eh :-))

Ah never mind. Good mate of mine moved up to Elgin a few years ago. He rung me last week to tell me a guy from Lossie that he knows was heading down for it and where was the best place to head for a pint that was handy to the ground.

Although now I think about it, you would obviously now that eh :-))

Aye, I'm from D*mbarton originally and lived in the City centre and South Side for a few years so know Glasgow well.

Half of Lossie came down for it I think :lol:

Aye, I'm from D*mbarton originally and lived in the City centre and South Side for a few years so know Glasgow well.

Half of Lossie came down for it I think :lol:

I think I've seen you say that before. Was in Lossie just last week actually. Said mate plays golf at Hopeman so had a few in the club house. Cracking wee course.

I think I've seen you say that before. Was in Lossie just last week actually. Said mate plays golf at Hopeman so had a few in the club house. Cracking wee course.

I'm a member at Hopeman, absolutely love the course. The back nine's fantastic. Let me know next time you're up - still have never met another TAMBer in the flesh :blush:

I'm a member at Hopeman, absolutely love the course. The back nine's fantastic. Let me know next time you're up - still have never met another TAMBer in the flesh :blush:

Ah right mate I'll do that. You probably know my mate. Kev. Moved up to Elgin from Alloa about 5 years ago?