Stonemouth - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Thought it was OK - its only 2 parts isn't it? But the main character isn't even Scottish is he? You can always tell - they exaggerate the accent and stress their R's too much despite how good they think they might be. Sick boy in trainspotting was the same.

Edit to say just googled him - not Scottish as I thought. Why the f@ ck do they do that? Spoils Scottish dramas for me.

Edited by ShedTA

I hate watching Scottish shows where the actors are either not Scottish or speak with such a watered down accent for the rUK viewers that it is just not natural. You have gangsters talking like Morningside toffs and it just ruins the show. Are the accents in shows like Eastenders or Corrie watered down for the rUK (I don't know as I am very rarely in London or wherever Corrie is set)

Thought it was OK - its only 2 parts isn't it? But the main character isn't even Scottish is he? You can always tell - they exaggerate the accent and stress their R's too much despite how good they think they might be. Sick boy in trainspotting was the same.

Edit to say just googled him - not Scottish as I thought. Why the f@ ck do they do that? Spoils Scottish dramas for me.

I thought Sick Boy did a pretty good posh Edinburgh accent.

yeh, i liked the character but like i said above - even when its good, you can still tell and i find it irritating.

I was interested in whether the girl was actually Scottish as I thought her accent was pretty good. Couldn't find out, but did stumble across a picture of her tits.

Thought it was pretty good.

Have never seen River City to be fair.

Weirdly i was indirectly thinking about you today ( I was describing the parklife memorial headstone) and briefly wondered where you were. Then you appear. Useless information but got to get my post count up been slacking lately.

Didn't watch it but found out tonight that one of the boys from my sons school was in it.

Apparently he was murdered with a sword, so I'm guessing he wasn't in it for long!

Please pass on our deepest sympathy to the parents.

The only thing that I thought was missing from this program was a great dane eating scooby snacks.

I hate watching Scottish shows where the actors are either not Scottish or speak with such a watered down accent for the rUK viewers that it is just not natural. You have gangsters talking like Morningside toffs and it just ruins the show. Are the accents in shows like Eastenders or Corrie watered down for the rUK (I don't know as I am very rarely in London or wherever Corrie is set)

Yes, very much so.