Shocking Westminster Vote..... - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Shocking Westminster Vote.....

I think Harvie's position is reasonable. I also think that FFA is a bit of a trap. For it to work, we would need to get the tax revenue from the likes of Tesco who report their profits for their Scottish operations in England. That tax money is Scotland's. What we need is actually something a bit more than FFA - what I refer to as "independence".

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How? I thought my point was fairly clear: if Holyrood doesn't have the ability to enact some of the good policies espoused by the Greens then their effectiveness as a party is nullified.

Sure, they could possibly form a more progressive and much less annoying opposition to the SNP but they could hardly critique the government about its record in tackling income inequality, for instance, when they voted against the powers that would have enable the government to better address the issue.

FTR, I am not ruling out lending them my support next year; unlike some I haven't completely spat the dummy. But I would need to examine what they could bring to the party with the limited powers Holyrood has.

If I am being stupid - which is a distinct possibility - then help me out here.

I would never call you stupid friend, you're one of my favourite one of 'them', :wub: in that you're not oblivious to the evil that seeps out of their every action.

From a completely neutral POV :wink2: your post read like:

"My favourite party on economic issues disagree with my favourite party overall... On economic issues... Best not vote for my favourite party on economic issues."

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't distraught that you don't see the dangers of having a fully autonomous SNP government in a country where just under half of the population seek independence.