Labours New Dodgy Dossier - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Labours New Dodgy Dossier

I see labour have submitted a 51 page dossier to the newspapers for them to spout all kinds of shite this Sunday. Apparently outing twitter users for their swearing and abuse of Labour.

Wonder if we will see any of us from here on that list! :wave:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain to me what was Sturgeon doing playing to the Starkey/Labour/unionist narrative that pro-indy folk are abusive 'cybernats'? :blink:

Trying to take the moral highground?

I wonder if they have a dossier on pro unionist twitter trolls or the violence that happened after the referendum caused by loyalist unionist thugs.No its all swept under a very large carpet.

Edited by HIGHTOWER 1314

How utterly pathetic. Instead of Scottish Labour criticising the SNP on their record in government or their policies (and promoting better alternatives of their own) they have been reduced to this. Even Celtic have grown out of compiling dossiers about people they disagree with.

Seriously, this shower are supposed to be our government's official opposition. That they are so woefully off the pace is embarrassing and bad for democracy in Scotland.

Disappointing to see Labour join the right-wing narrative that the SNP and all SNP supporters are hate-filled extremists.

Probably no surprise though......they're desperate, and they'll use any tactic to try and subdue the SNP voice.

It won't work.

I think this just confirms that Labour have lost the plot and all credibility with it. I'm sure in the interrest of fairness they will highlight all the abuse that has been flung at Yes supporters, has Marie Rimmer had her trial yet? I'm sure they'll also highlight Ian Smart's numerous tweets comparing SNP to the Nazis? Whilst they're about it how about mentiong Lord McConnell's advice to “f*****g boot” any Tories in Wishaw?

These monstering tactics can work when the snp is sufficiently unfamiliar. But the snp got 50% of the vote. Everyone knows this is just an unrepresentative minority. Labour are just making themselves look like tits in Scotland, more obsessed with cybernats than policies.

Ironically it might work in England as the snp are less familiar, hardening attitudes against Scotland and thereby driving a further wedge into the union. Slow handclap for Scottish Labour.

It's even more embarrassing than you think it's going to be. Real tinfoil hat stuff.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8pgsDnnhXOKZmprZi10enJTak0/view?pli=1

That's possibly the most cringeworthy thing I've ever seen, made worse by the fact that a political party felt it was a good idea.

No shortage of maniacs on there right enough, an SNP friend of mine believes the SNP banhammer will fall on them all. Wouldn't be a bad thing for the party tbh.

That's possibly the most cringeworthy thing I've ever seen, made worse by the fact that a political party felt it was a good idea.

No shortage of maniacs on there right enough, an SNP friend of mine believes the SNP banhammer will fall on them all. Wouldn't be a bad thing for the party tbh.

Maniacs? Really? :-)) What, in those selected tweets, makes any of them a maniac?

Some of it - a small proportion - is pretty distasteful. The majority though you would have problems in a court of law proving they were offensive.

I think the Labour Party could have problems if people were to sue for libel.

Edited by aaid