Labours New Dodgy Dossier - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Labours New Dodgy Dossier

No more than your dogmatic obsequiousness to all SNP policy will be. :wink2:

Anyway we're discussing different things by your own measure so not really relevant.

I don't think Orraloon is one of "them"... I think he's just desperate for me to line him up and shoot him.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it was me making the original statement that started the debate so of course i'm debating that. It's my debate. I just didn't notice the goalposts being moved when i took the shot.

"Plus whoever implemented the cirriculum of excellence or whatever it's fecking called wasn't very good."

Then Alfie asked

"Interesting to know which specific criticisms you have of it?"

so i gave them

then he said "I think it's all too easy to point the finger and say everything is crap"

Conflating i was saying everything was crap, when in actual fact i was stating "which specific criticisms I have of it"

Sorry, I forgot you owned the thread.

There seems to be a point being missed.

Curriculum for Excellence has, in my experience, been a major success in Primary School.

The style of teaching it brings seems to engage the children more and has helped both of youngest two gain fantastic experiences outwith the classroom.

I have little experience with it in Secondary education but as my middle son is entering 3rd year I will be keeping a close eye on it.

Anyway, getting back to that maths exam, if that's ok with phart? :wink2: This is the only question I have seen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-33778968

I think they are assuming that crocodiles move faster on land than they do in water. I don't think that's correct :unsure: . Nae wonder the pupils were confused.

There's a link to the 2015 past paper in that article. Haven't had a look myself... But as I had to resit higher maths to get my required grade I dare say I wouldn't enjoy it.

Curriculum for Excellence has, in my experience, been a major success in Primary School.

The style of teaching it brings seems to engage the children more and has helped both of youngest two gain fantastic experiences outwith the classroom.

I have little experience with it in Secondary education but as my middle son is entering 3rd year I will be keeping a close eye on it.

You're lucky! Would I be right in that you're part of the local authority that delayed the implementation?

Sorry, I forgot you owned the thread.

You misunderstand again Trigger. I was explaining why I was debating what i was, as opposed to what you were debating. These further inferences about ownership and what can be discussed are a product of your imagination.

Incidentally that question is nothing about crocodiles :wink2:

I guess it's ultimately up to the parent anyway, i'm childless and plan on remaining that way, plus being an adult i'm in charge of my own education anyway. So no real stake in the discussion.

You misunderstand again Trigger. I was explaining why I was debating what i was, as opposed to what you were debating. These further inferences about ownership and what can be discussed are a product of your imagination.

Incidentally that question is nothing about crocodiles :wink2:

I have a fairly good imagination. For example, I don't think Pythagoras would have come up with his most famous theory if he hadn't been chased across a river by a crocodile. So, I think there is a link, albeit fairly tenuous.

I have a fairly good imagination. For example, I don't think Pythagoras would have come up with his most famous theory if he hadn't been chased across a river by a crocodile. So, I think there is a link, albeit fairly tenuous.

at least 80% of that question is calculus not trigonometry.

EDIT: i better admit i'm not being fully serious here i'm "joking around". I know you're joking around as well. See i'm working on my board personality :ok:

Edited by phart