Bannockburn 701St Anniversary March - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

v8d8p3.jpg

a BIG shout out to the William Wallace Society and Ted Christopher for organising the 701st anniversay march from Stirling Bridge to Bannockburn. Great weather, company and well stewarded by the police and volunteers. A family freindly event that I would highly recommend.

Soar Alba

What an excellent heart warming photo !!

It was a great day ,very hot on the march but disappointed that politics again hijacked this event. We need more speakers who can actually talk about the battle of 1314 and not the battle of 2014.

It was a great day ,very hot on the march but disappointed that politics again hijacked this event. We need more speakers who can actually talk about the battle of 1314 and not the battle of 2014.

Wee Abbey talked about the battle, proud of my wee daughter, I may be biased but thought she was outstanding

Aye Abbey did a good speech as did another lad who spoke of the battle.I do miss Davids battlefield talks though.Good to see many new faces on the march and hope to see many more next year.Loved the guy with the England rugby top carrying a saltire and SNP/Yes wristbands. Would like to see more English people involved as Ted says the commemoration is to honour all who fell on that day in 1314 no matter which side they were on. Must be the first time I have seen Brian without his kilt on.

The guy with the England top, is a top lad and SNP member and in contact with him, Will maybe ask him to lay a wreath next year to the English fallen also.

As you know Peever we have tried for years to get english involved but have al said no which is a shame

Was a cracking day and loved it, loads of kids there which is great to see also

We need to move on from events that happened 700 years ago.

Why? Is there a time frame of what major events in your countries history you can commemorate and celebrate?

I'm qualified to teach and lecture in history. Would make that slightly redundant.

Aye lets move away from remembering our history and start celebrating Waterloo,Trafalger, Hastings,Boyne and Armed Forces Day.

emmmm

GYTF

Wouldn't celebrate any of those. Bannockburn of course was an important moment in Scotland's history but it has no relevance in a modern Scotland on the road to Independence.

Nobody is saying Bannockburn or any other historic battle has any relevance with todays politics or our road to independence.If you read my earlier post you will see that I do not agree with political speaches etc at the Bannockburn nor any other historical commemoration.

v8d8p3.jpg

a BIG shout out to the William Wallace Society and Ted Christopher for organising the 701st anniversay march from Stirling Bridge to Bannockburn. Great weather, company and well stewarded by the police and volunteers. A family freindly event that I would highly recommend.

Soar Alba

Brian, You get the two photos Itaggedyou in on facebook with you and your son, belting photo mate

Guest BlueGaz

Nobody is saying Bannockburn or any other historic battle has any relevance with todays politics or our road to independence.If you read my earlier post you will see that I do not agree with political speaches etc at the Bannockburn nor any other historical commemoration.

Yes they are, GJ mentioned the guy in the England rugby top is a member of the SNP. relevant?

Yes they are, GJ mentioned the guy in the England rugby top is a member of the SNP. relevant?

That's cause he was, He was there the same as us to commemorate the dead not cause he was a SNP member, if I want a political rally I will go to one but if I want a commemoration to do with a battle, I for one would like to hear speeches about that battle