Sky Tv Help - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I am living in Dublin and 2 months into a 12 month tv and broadband deal. The wife is very homesick and we need to return.

My question is, is there a way to keep the package i have without incurring penalties for breaking contract? I phoned sky ireland they said sky uk and ireland are separate companies?

i am willing to pay the difference in package in the uk,just dont want the penalty and then have to take out sky uk package ( we dont have a tv ariel or cable in Scottish house).

Or should i just take sky box with me and continue to pay package to ireland? Would my broadband router work in Scotland?

Any advice appreciated!

IS it a dish or cable you have in ireland?

If you were to use the Irish one in Scotland you can reconfigure a cheap router with DD-WRT and have vpn on it connected to an Irish IP, i have that in Poland and how i can pickup on demand etc with my UK Sky box

If you were to use the Irish one in Scotland you can reconfigure a cheap router with DD-WRT and have vpn on it connected to an Irish IP, i have that in Poland and how i can pickup on demand etc with my UK Sky box

It is cable, and i still have my dish and old skybox at scottish address

Terrorist

Latest update.

i called sky in Livinston to get re connected, they said once my account was opened i could transfer my Irish account into it.

Called sky Ireland, they know nothing about any kind of transfer of accounts!( i have a text conversation with a "sky UK expert" printed off that this is very much doable).

Upshot is that i have closed irish bank account so they cant take any more payments and moved back to Scotland on Saturday.

They can chase me all they want now as i have the confirmation from their own expert!!