Tonev The Racist - Page 19 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tonev The Racist

A pint and a firm handshake to you if we ever meet. :ok:

Guilty, and my club come out of all this very badly.

Which is unfortunate because it didn't have to be like that.

The sad thing is that some of my fellow tims seem more interested in the disciplinary process than the truth :-(

I think that Deila, Brown, and the club have gone too far in their blind support of Tonev for any back-pedalling now.

(On another note, I suppose Logan was pretty much my favourite Don until that childish instagram. He played it perfect otherwise.)

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan Sutherland@BBCjsutherland 2m2 minutes ago

BBC Scotland understands Celtic are unlikely to take the Tonev case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. @BBCSportScot

So instead, Celtic are going to boot Tonev out of our game and issue an apology to Logan??? While Delia and Brown recognise their blind trust was completely misplaced and out of order???

While Delia and Brown recognise their blind trust was completely misplaced and out of order???

Brown and Delia shouldn't have made the public comments to the press that they did. However they had to believe Tonev when he told them he didn't say it from a team trust point of view. Its very doubtful that anyone at the club could take a different position to that if he stated he didn't say it otherwise the team structure starts to disintegrate. Liverpool were the same with Suarez (remember the t shirts?) and Chelsea also stood behind Terry over Anton Ferdinand. Not saying its right but you have to trust your team mates if they voice their side of the argument.

Brown and Delia shouldn't have made the public comments to the press that they did. However they had to believe Tonev when he told them he didn't say it from a team trust point of view. Its very doubtful that anyone at the club could take a different position to that if he stated he didn't say it otherwise the team structure starts to disintegrate. Liverpool were the same with Suarez (remember the t shirts?) and Chelsea also stood behind Terry over Anton Ferdinand. Not saying its right but you have to trust your team mates if they voice their side of the argument.

What pissed me off about it was that rather than say that they believe Tonev, they said they "knew" he didn't say it. This went beyond backing their team mate/player and instead implied that Logan was a liar.

I agree with you. If your man tells you he didn't say anything then you need too support him. However it became apparent he was lying and for Brown and Delia to have said they "know" he didn't say those things was really stupid. I'm disappointed by and for Brown. I'm not surprised by Delia, he has only confirmed he is a total joke figure - more worryingly for Celtic, he is a fitting manager for them right now.

I agree with you. If your man tells you he didn't say anything then you need too support him. However it became apparent he was lying and for Brown and Delia to have said they "know" he didn't say those things was really stupid. I'm disappointed by and for Brown. I'm not surprised by Delia, he has only confirmed he is a total joke figure - more worryingly for Celtic, he is a fitting manager for them right now.

Celtic rely on being the perpetual oppressed victim. It drives them and their fans, and it's the whole ethos of the club.

I'm surprised that Delia has bought into it so quickly though.

Celtic rely on being the perpetual oppressed victim. It drives them and their fans, and it's the whole ethos of the club.

I'm surprised that Delia has bought into it so quickly though.

Don't underestimate them.

They will have set questions at interview that determine whether the individual possesses the MOPE skill set.

What pissed me off about it was that rather than say that they believe Tonev, they said they "knew" he didn't say it. This went beyond backing their team mate/player and instead implied that Logan was a liar.

However they said it, believe, know, side with, then the implication is always going to be that if you believe Tonev you don't believe the other person. Hence why they should have just kept shtum and supported him internally.

I think you're dead wrong there. I played in a team with the same guys for years and I didn't like turning my back on our keeper as he was a bit of a headcase. We also had a player you wouldn't trust with your wife and a kleptomaniac. I trusted them on the pitch but not off it. And even then it was only their football ability I was trusting.

Tonev has hardly been there long enough to earn that kind of blind faith.