Jockstrap - Fyi - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jockstrap - Fyi

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest fair city - it was just banter from JS. Your post comes close to personal abuse. Says a bit more about you than him if you ask me.

It was utterly fecking garbage "banter". Tedious pish crammed in to every post, from someone who attends about as many Utd games each season as I do.

A quick google produces this theory on the Arabs.

So Dundee United are the Terrors while their supporters are Arabs (the definite article is rarely used).
The origin of the term is guaranteed to spark debate amongst United fans and there is no definitive answer. It is fair to say that the most commonly accepted version dates back to the mid-1960s. The winter of 1962/63 was particularly harsh and United had already been denied two matches due to Tannadice being icebound. Desperate to play a Scottish Cup tie against Albion Rovers in January 1963, United hired a tar burner of the kind used by road-layers to melt the ice. However the predictable after-effect left the playing surface all but devoid of grass. Undaunted, the directors ordered several lorry-loads of sand, spread it around, painted some lines on it and, astonishingly, the referee pronounced the pitch playable! United won the tie handsomely, prompting some observers to comment that they had taken to the new surface like Arabs.

A quick google produces this theory on the Arabs.

So Dundee United are the Terrors while their supporters are Arabs (the definite article is rarely used).

The origin of the term is guaranteed to spark debate amongst United fans and there is no definitive answer. It is fair to say that the most commonly accepted version dates back to the mid-1960s. The winter of 1962/63 was particularly harsh and United had already been denied two matches due to Tannadice being icebound. Desperate to play a Scottish Cup tie against Albion Rovers in January 1963, United hired a tar burner of the kind used by road-layers to melt the ice. However the predictable after-effect left the playing surface all but devoid of grass. Undaunted, the directors ordered several lorry-loads of sand, spread it around, painted some lines on it and, astonishingly, the referee pronounced the pitch playable! United won the tie handsomely, prompting some observers to comment that they had taken to the new surface like Arabs.

That's my understanding of it.

Normally I wouldnae do this, but since you were such a stupidly boasting,gloating kchunt ...and we told you no to boast...this is especially for you, so look hard , and take it in.

Your team team was comprehensively, completely and embarrassingly outplayed. Your team was outfought, given the run around, and made to look like a bunch of skinny, useless teenagers hat had never met each other before.

Your team was dominated, from the first minute to the last, and the one shot you managed on goal was barely representative of game where Aberdeen outclassed your team from start to finish.

I realise you weren't there, but if you were I'm sure you would have left after 60 mins like the rest of the utterly mute United fans.,

So anyway, as I said, normally this would just have been another run of the mill, simple Dons win........but since you shot your load so comprehensively and humiliiatingly after the first game of the season.....with 37 to go....I just thought I'd help you out with how today's game went.

Enjoy...... :ok::ok::ok:

To be honest fair city - it was just banter from JS. Your post comes close to personal abuse. Says a bit more about you than him if you ask me.

Agreed, an absolute disgrace for using 'special needs' in your argument.

That's primary school era that, nothing funny about special needs and should never be classed as banter same with 'spaz' etc - plenty other great words you could use than these i.e. fud, khunt or walloper :wave:

Edited by Jordanovic