Aberdeen Vs Killie 20/12 - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen Vs Killie 20/12

I've just cracked one off to that.

Hearts still counting every season ticket sold as turning up every week...a la Celtic and Rangers ?

Quite possibly more at Tynecastle than at Ibrox today. Good on the 79 Alloa fans sound like you just about traveled in superior numbers to the Killie fans.

Quite possibly more at Tynecastle than at Ibrox today. Good on the 79 Alloa fans sound like you just about traveled in superior numbers to the Killie fans.

There were more Alloa fans than that there on Saturday. Hats off to them, £22 for Easter Road last week, at least £23 against us a week later, to watch two games in which they pretty much knew they in advance they would lose. They actually played a bit better on Saturday, they were awful against Hibs, had they played like that at Easter Road they might have pinched a point.

Not too bad for the Saturday before Xmas.

Not a patch on the old days of a couple of thousand going up. Mind you the team's not a patch on that one too...

We've never taken a couple thousand up there in my lifetime going there.

I can remember almost filling the away section back in 1993 when Paul Kane scored a cracker in a 1-0 defeat first away game of season.

Maybe took 1000 for the next few visits then been in steady decline. Usually 200-300 travel although been a couple of 500-600 (first game last season and midweek relegation must win under tango)

Killie certainly not the poorest team I've seen a Todders this season. They were actually quite decent, well organised, disciplined and showed some fight. Maybe just lacked a bit of game control and pace. Certainly had more about them than what I saw of the game at Ibrox

I'm going to ruffle some feathers - but we should have kept Magennis. He isn't a 90 minute player but he was always good coming off the bench and at least offers a threat - and he was cheap! Thought he had a decent game on Saturday. Have to say, and as much as I liked him, I think Miller is maybe past it - showed some nice touches but think Killie need much more out of a striker than that.

Killie certainly not the poorest team I've seen a Todders this season. They were actually quite decent, well organised, disciplined and showed some fight. Maybe just lacked a bit of game control and pace. Certainly had more about them than what I saw of the game at Ibrox

I'm going to ruffle some feathers - but we should have kept Magennis. He isn't a 90 minute player but he was always good coming off the bench and at least offers a threat - and he was cheap! Thought he had a decent game on Saturday. Have to say, and as much as I liked him, I think Miller is maybe past it - showed some nice touches but think Killie need much more out of a striker than that.

No way in a million years.

While I like Josh for giving 200%, he was part of the failed 'let's accept 7th place' mentality that had driven the club into the ground until McInnes came along.

McInnes got rid of Magennis and replaced him with Rooney and Goodwillie...we've also got Shankland scoring goals for fun for the u-20's and breaking into the 1st team.

Thanks Josh for the effort you put in, but I was glad to see you go.

Edited by Rossy

No way in a million years.

While I like Josh for giving 200%, he was part of the failed 'let's accept 7th place' mentality that had driven the club into the ground until McInnes came along.

McInnes got rid of Magennis and replaced him with Rooney and Goodwillie...we've also got Shankland scoring goals for fun for the u-20's and breaking into the 1st team.

Thanks Josh for the effort you put in, but I was glad to see you go.

Fair enough, but I don't think Magennis can be blamed for the shape the team was in under Brown! I will admit that all I've really seen of Shankland is a young, wee lad who blazed a sitter over the bar from 5 yards. Suspect he is normally way more composed than Magennis in front of goal though. But, Magennis is a good target man when you're chasing a game, probably a "luxury" a team like Aberdeen can ill afford. It's just that I've looked at the bench in the last few weeks and thought...hmmm, nothing overly exciting or game changing to offer there. Yes, Anderson, Flood and Robson still to return, but there will always be a few injuries.

To put Killie's crowd in context, away attendances at Pittodrie this season:

Riga: 50

Gronigen: 677

Sociedad: 97

Dundee Utd: 2016

Partick: 388

Ross County: 329

Livingston: 118

Inverness: 404

St Mirren: 133

Motherwell: 113

Hamilton: 178

Celtic: 2052

Hamilton: 115

Kilmarnock: 142

It was a commendable turnout, right before Xmas and given their recent form....