Mascot Cost - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The only ever cost I thought that would be associated with this would be being a member of the kids club. I.e. I know it costs £20 or £25 to join the Motherwell club and you get a scarf and birthday card etc. as far as I'm aware that's the only way to be a mascot and presumed it would be the same for all clubs.

Absolute disgrace to charge up to £600 for that

The only ever cost I thought that would be associated with this would be being a member of the kids club. I.e. I know it costs £20 or £25 to join the Motherwell club and you get a scarf and birthday card etc. as far as I'm aware that's the only way to be a mascot and presumed it would be the same for all clubs.

Absolute disgrace to charge up to £600 for that

Yeah, used to be the claret and amber club! £4 to join and tickets for £1.50 when I joined!

Signed my wee boy up for a junior steel 'well society membership. Was £25 IIRC, got a DVD, scarf, 2 free match tickets for the wee man and a letter from Keith lasley. Also in the hat to be a mascot.

Hope the SFA won't soon be adopting this first class form of cüntery for Scotland games.

Yeah, used to be the claret and amber club! £4 to join and tickets for £1.50 when I joined!

Signed my wee boy up for a junior steel 'well society membership. Was £25 IIRC, got a DVD, scarf, 2 free match tickets for the wee man and a letter from Keith lasley. Also in the hat to be a mascot.

Apart from the letter by Keith Lasley that sounds like a pretty good setup Motherwell have for the kids. :ok:

for the £ 175, the mascot party receives four main stand tickets, a full Nike AFC kit, four players' lounge passes which can't be bought, the opportunity to meet the players from both sides, and a signed ball - as well as the opportunity for the youngsters to lead their heroes out at Pittodrie.

to me that seems fairly reasonable?

It's impossible to break down that cost.

I presume it includes the kit for the kid and tickets for the parents, but I'd be looking for at least 20 minutes off the bench for that sort of money.

:lol:

The Aberdeen one seems quite expensive too, but I suppose you can at least break that down 4 x £25 tickets and a £60 kit covers most of it.

I know I'm always bleating on about the cost of football, but it's certainly not the working mans game anymore!