Former Players That Come Back To Haunt You - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Former Players That Come Back To Haunt You

David Clarkson put in a motm performance at fir park a few weeks back.

I remember Eric Delomeaux scoring a couple of long range screamers one at fir park and one at pittodrie after leaving Motherwell for Aberdeen.

Paul lambert, was never renouned for his goal scoring, but scored a cracker for Celtic at fir park.

Does Barry Robson vs. Rangers count ?

He was at Ibrox when he was young but never played a first team game. Put in some really combative performances against them when he was at both Dundee Utd and Celtic. Scored a crucial penalty for the latter against Rangers in the 07/08 title winning season.

Owen coyle did his best to bury thistle on many occasions. Often succeeding. Pr1ck! ;)

It's only natural to up your game against former clubs regardless of level. I certainly did it, went from a proper lazy primadona to a slightly less lazy primadona. Human nature.

:unsure:

Coyle never played for Thistle.

Edited. Because I made an arse of it. I work with his aunt who told me he was at thistle before Dumbarton and we released him. Not lambie as I first thought thought.

I was wracking my small brain over that.

I didn't know he was on Thistle's books before Dumbarton, but as he isn't listed in The Official History he's a non person :wink2:.

I was wracking my small brain over that.

I didn't know he was on Thistle's books before Dumbarton, but as he isn't listed in The Official History he's a non person :wink2:.

I should've clarified. Apologies. Think it was an x form contract that used to exist. Replaced by the s form. Also defunct now but incidentally the reason for mcgeady not being able to play for scotland school boys I believe. Showing my age and my failed footballing history!! Too wee apparently which I can slightly understand as he was stick thin as a pro.

I should've clarified. Apologies. Think it was an x form contract that used to exist. Replaced by the s form. Also defunct now but incidentally the reason for mcgeady not being able to play for scotland school boys I believe. Showing my age and my failed footballing history!! Too wee apparently which I can slightly understand as he was stick thin as a pro.

No need to apologise!

I remember Coyle saying he was 5'4" and then suddenly and unexpectedly sprouted to 5'11" when he was 17.

Any player Aberdeen signed from Dundee United.

Have been thinking about this because you're the second Dons fan who seems to think that all these guys Aberdeen have signed when United released them have "come back to haunt them" and I genuinely don't get it. Sure there's been the odd goal here and there but that's inevitable given the sheer quantity of players we're talking about.

In all honesty, only seeing Willo Flood go there bothered me, the rest I found it amusing that these diddies got themselves hoovered up the pay scale somehow. I suppose Mixu bothered me a bit and he must've bagged a few against us but we got £400k for the big man.

Now, if we're talking guys coming back to haunt Dundee Utd then you have to look at Darren Jackson and - argh - Stephen Anderson.

Have been thinking about this because you're the second Dons fan who seems to think that all these guys Aberdeen have signed when United released them have "come back to haunt them" and I genuinely don't get it. Sure there's been the odd goal here and there but that's inevitable given the sheer quantity of players we're talking about.

In all honesty, only seeing Willo Flood go there bothered me, the rest I found it amusing that these diddies got themselves hoovered up the pay scale somehow. I suppose Mixu bothered me a bit and he must've bagged a few against us but we got £400k for the big man.

Now, if we're talking guys coming back to haunt Dundee Utd then you have to look at Darren Jackson and - argh - Stephen Anderson.

Lee Miller doing very well for us and then us getting about 600k for him when he had 6 months left on his contract must have annoyed you?

Boyd & Harkins are abvious ones. Boyd I can understand but Harkins was extremely dissapointing for us and somehow still manages to score against us each time we play a team he's in!

Rory Boulding (who I hear you ask) is another. Did nothing for us then scored a injury time goal for Utd at Tannadice vs St Johnstone (I think) which cost us top six.

Boyd & Harkins are abvious ones. Boyd I can understand but Harkins was extremely dissapointing for us and somehow still manages to score against us each time we play a team he's in!

Rory Boulding (who I hear you ask) is another. Did nothing for us then scored a injury time goal for Utd at Tannadice vs St Johnstone (I think) which cost us top six.

I think it was against us.

Had we won we'd have been top 6.