Darren Fletcher - Time To Move On? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Darren Fletcher - Time To Move On?

Caledonian Craig

I am alarmed that first team chances have dried up for Darren Fletcher at Man. United. Van Gaal obviously prefers his other options in midfield and it is hard to see how Darren can break back into the team. It leads to believe and think it would be prudent of him to move on even if it is a loan move as he needs first team football at this stage of his career.

Thoughts?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

United are clearly close to Fletcher's heart. Although he hasn't played for them in a while, he was still going mental when they equalized against Chelsea. I just hope Fletch lets his head overrule his heart and realizes it's time to go and get a new club. Surely there would be a few Premier League teams interested in him. Wonder if a team like Southampton, West Ham, Villa or Everton would take him ?

I don't think it's time to panic yet regards to his Man Utd future. If Man Utd were winning matches and playing well, I'd maybe say time to move on.

If things don't pick up Van Gaal should get the same treatment as David Moyes and be shown the door.

I believe Man Utd are lower in the table, have a lower points tally and have less victories than this stage last season.

He is not the player he was and I doubt he ever will be. A move in the premiership would be good if he was going to get a game. Don't see him as a major figure for Scotland anymore unfortunately.

Thought he was excellent for the last 20 mins against Poland, and would be an excellent signing for most sides in the prem.

Personally think he should go abroad for the next few years. He could easily hack it in the Bundesliga or La Liga. Not for one of the big boys, but your Schalkes and Real Sociedad's would love a player with his experience.