Sfa Confirm Ni Game And Free Ticket For St Holders - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sfa Confirm Ni Game And Free Ticket For St Holders

wanderer

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a good deal but it does put the prices closer to what I think is acceptable and will probably buy one.

£90 for 4 international football matches is not a good deal. Really? £22.50 a game. You'd pay more to watch SPFL.

Throw in ones looking like it could be our biggest game since Italy '07 and another is against the current world champions, I'd say that's a pretty good deal.

£90 for 4 international football matches is not a good deal. Really? £22.50 a game. You'd pay more to watch SPFL.

Throw in ones looking like it could be our biggest game since Italy '07 and another is against the current world champions, I'd say that's a pretty good deal.

Firstly, it's for the shit seats.

Secondly, one game is against Gibraltar.

Thirdly, one game is a friendly v Northern Ireland that I'm not that bothered about going to.

It's better than it was but its still not a good deal.

I have thought long and hard about this and for what it worth here's my take on it...

IMO it is a underhanded thank you from the sfa, I think they know they messed up with ticket prices and they need to do something without actually admitting there cock up. Obviously gws thinks that ni will be good prep for the gib game, the sfa know that the ni and gib games will not be sell outs which is why they have already earmarked 10,000 free tickets for kids etc so the only way they could market the ni game was to give something back in return so someone in the pr dept have actually done there job correctly for a change. On one hand I'm willing to pay the equivalent of £22.50 per home game with the offer but on the other hand still really miffed that that it has taken so long for them to almost admit there mistake and this is just a token gesture because it the only way that they will get a half decent crowd at ni and gib games... Just hope they have learnt there lesson and listen to the fans next time they set ticket prices but I won't hold my breath... So thank you sfa for making our remaning home games more affordable but please don't make the same mistakes next time ?

Look at the fixtures - likely Poland game at Hampden could be a winner qualifies for Finals game (on the assumption we beat Gibraltar 4 days later) - maybe on the same level as the Italy game in 07. Hampden could have sold out 5 times over for that.

Firstly, it's for the shit seats.

Secondly, one game is against Gibraltar.

Thirdly, one game is a friendly v Northern Ireland that I'm not that bothered about going to.

It's better than it was but its still not a good deal.

Granted, it's for poorer seats, but given how few season tickets were sold I wouldn't be surprised if there were still tickets just off the North stand.

Scotland are playing Gibraltar in a competitive qualifier. That's who I'm paying to watch.

Don't really see whether you're bothered about going to the Northern Ireland game or not makes it a worse deal.

Granted, it's for poorer seats, but given how few season tickets were sold I wouldn't be surprised if there were still tickets just off the North stand.

Scotland are playing Gibraltar in a competitive qualifier. That's who I'm paying to watch.

Don't really see whether you're bothered about going to the Northern Ireland game or not makes it a worse deal.

Because if you don't go to the friendly, it's not £22.50 per match; its £30 per match. Or £40 in the North Stand.

The NI game isn't optional. You can't buy tickets for the 3 competitive at a price which I think is fair for a team of our standard.

I think the prices were and still too high but if you are planning to go to all 4 games it is a good deal.

I don't get the "it costs x to go and watch Gibraltar". Personally I have never went to a Scotland game to watch the opposition.

Edited by tartanpar

I think the prices were and still too high but if you are planning to go to all 4 games it is a good deal.

I don't get the "it costs x to go and watch Gibraltar". Personally I have never went to a Scotland game to watch the opposition.

But it's not though, as stated, the cheap tickets are West Stand, the North Stand still works out as £30 a game, and playing opposition as poor as NI and Gibraltar it's still a joke.

But it's not though, as stated, the cheap tickets are West Stand, the North Stand still works out as £30 a game, and playing opposition as poor as NI and Gibraltar it's still a joke.

How much should it be?

I went to quite a few Queens Park games last season and they charged £12. That's bottom tier Scottish football. Regardless of opposition you're paying to watch the best Scottish players.

Surely if money is a problem and you want to go to the game you would just buy the cheaper tickets (I did). You can get tickets right next to the North Stand (in the West) so the view is still good.

Because if you don't go to the friendly, it's not £22.50 per match; its £30 per match. Or £40 in the North Stand.

The NI game isn't optional. You can't buy tickets for the 3 competitive at a price which I think is fair for a team of our standard.

So with that theory, no season tickets (Scotland or otherwise) would be a good deal.

Eh? What are you on about?

The season ticket for the last campaign was a good deal. You could just buy for the competitive games or include England away at an extra cost.

You said if you don't go to the Northern Ireland game it works out more a ticket. That's obvious. If you're planning to go to all games I think it's a good deal. You're not and you don't think it is. We'll leave it there.

why cant some just accept that others dont see the carrot of midweek game against NI for free if you purchase a the three tickets for the qualifiers good value.if you cant or not interested in the NI game your only saving about a couple of quid purchasing all three in a oner

you will save £6 plus postage charges, plus the hassle of buying them online 3 times added to that you will get a better seat.

Now they are throwing in the Northern Ireland ticket free.

Its the best deal we could have hoped for

If you plan to go to all 4 games its a good deal (though how much of a good deal depends on where you sit and how much you feel the game against Gibraltar should be worth..... £22 for 4 games behind the goals, you can not argue with that.... £30 for North Stand.... not so much a great deal over the 4 games).

Given the SSC told ATAC when asked about a free friendly and got a reply of "it is not viable", then is a big turn around, but its only a good deal if you want to attend all 4 games.

It is as good as we are going to get in terms of a "thank you" and a "apology" from the SSC......

Now the pain in the a*** is I look at that stadium plan and dont know if that is all that is genuinely left for the West Stand due to the shenanigans for the ROI ticket sales. I would think so as I cant see B1 etc being sold out.

Would rather wait til January and see how the finances are looking.