Scotland Players In Action - Page 41 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His Scotland performances would side with Kirk so far.

RHODES!!

He has hardly had a chance. Fletcher was pretty poor v Ireland and is our first choice strikeR.

Rhodes has scored half the amount of goals Martin has at the same level so will keep the jersey. If Rhodes wants it he will have to improve his own level big time.

He has hardly had a chance. Fletcher was pretty poor v Ireland and is our first choice strikeR.

Rhodes has scored half the amount of goals Martin has at the same level so will keep the jersey. If Rhodes wants it he will have to improve his own level big time.

Yet more at international level and looked good in all his caps, bar one.

Martin has looked like an amateur, unfit and off the pace. His club form is good but he simply can't transfer that to international level. Rhodes has and he will get his chance again.

That's why Rhodes is linked with big moves to the EPL and elsewhere whereas Martin is a championship player, a good one, but that's his level

Yet more at international level and looked good in all his caps, bar one.

Martin has looked like an amateur, unfit and off the pace. His club form is good but he simply can't transfer that to international level. Rhodes has and he will get his chance again.

That's why Rhodes is linked with big moves to the EPL and elsewhere whereas Martin is a championship player, a good one, but that's his level

Martin will play next 2 games. Rhodes won't be in the squad and rightly so. Nothing against Rhodes but his overall work rate isn't good enough, has no pace and now he isn't scoring too often either. He needs to improve big time to get back in the squad.

Martin will play next 2 games. Rhodes won't be in the squad and rightly so. Nothing against Rhodes but his overall work rate isn't good enough, has no pace and now he isn't scoring too often either. He needs to improve big time to get back in the squad.

Given his performances and record for Scotland I would be more than gutted if Chris Martin started.

Going by your rules Darren Fletcher shouldn't get near the squad and Many others would be questionable call ups

Did you see Martin in the Ireland game??? Slow and off the pace and fell over about 5 times. He can off. He's English. I'd rather Stevie May got a chance

Going by your rules Darren Fletcher shouldn't get near the squad and Many others would be questionable call ups

You obviously don't really understand my rules as you say. my thinking is that If Strachan picks them I give them 100% backing and never think that I know better. There is certain reasons that some players are in and some not.

S Fletcher isn't scoring and is now fighting for his place at Sunderland. Martin is a stick on to play some part of both games in March and I can see him getting at least one start.

I'm probably about to get shot down in flames here but does anyone else think Greg Stewart at Dundee is at least worth keeping an eye on ?

Not that I'm saying he should be called up for Northern Ireland and Gibraltar but if he keeps up scoring goals then maybe it's worth giving him a go in a friendly later on this year. That's as long as he keeps playing well and scoring goals of course.

I'm probably about to get shot down in flames here but does anyone else think Greg Stewart at Dundee is at least worth keeping an eye on ?

Not that I'm saying he should be called up for Northern Ireland and Gibraltar but if he keeps up scoring goals then maybe it's worth giving him a go in a friendly later on this year. That's as long as he keeps playing well and scoring goals of course.

Class goal he scored today. I'm always happy to see a couple of players brought in for experience and to give them an insensitive to work on their game.

Steven Fletcher again failed to score while Jon Walters got a hat-trick. Worrying.

He was dropped and Wickham & Defoe both scored. He's had a fair chance to get a run in the team but he's not taken it. Will be a sub for a while now.