Lufthansa? - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lufthansa?

macy37

A question for the more seasoned travellers on here -

This has got me foxed!!

I am looking to use Lufthansa to fly Edinburgh to Frankfurt at the end of April to get to Heidelburg but only one way as I am going to head to the Alps then fly back home Easyjet from Munich.

If I put in one way from Edinburgh to Frankfurt it costs around £500 but if I put in a return flight the day I want the one way from Edinburgh is like £65!!

Any way around this???? :o

Likes of Lufthansa and KLM are terrible for "one way tickets" and there really is no way around it (just buy the return and don't use the return flight as you are saving anyway).

British Airways are more reasonable for one way flights.... and suppose you also have Ryanair to Frankfurt Hahn (though, given how far that is from Frankfurt, the £65 return flight with Lufthansa will probably be more appealing and just binning the return).

Edited by wanderer

Likes of Lufthansa and KLM are terrible for "one way tickets" and there really is no way around it (just buy the return and don't use the return flight as you are saving anyway).

British Airways are more reasonable for one way flights.... and suppose you also have Ryanair to Frankfurt Hahn (though, given how far that is from Frankfurt, the £65 return flight with Lufthansa will probably be more appealing and just binning the return).

Thanks. Very interesting.

I may have to weigh up the options. I could always head back to Frankfurt for the return but the time and money of the train travel would likely negate it so I'll have a scout around tonight and see. Shame as it would have fitted in nicely with my plans but nothing is set in stone yet apart from me wanting to be in the Bavarian Alps for May 1st.

One way could be a multi city booking.(fly in to one destination and out of another)

KLM are really good for this and you can get some really good flights at a cheaper rate than just a standard return to the one destination.

Just go on their website, click the "multi city" option and type in Edinburgh-Frankfurt...Munich-Edinburgh and might get something good.

One way could be a multi city booking.(fly in to one destination and out of another)

KLM are really good for this and you can get some really good flights at a cheaper rate than just a standard return to the one destination.

Just go on their website, click the "multi city" option and type in Edinburgh-Frankfurt...Munich-Edinburgh and might get something good.

I am either useless at that or they show no options of a flight home Munich to Edinburgh.

Outbound to Frankfurt 28th April no issue but home on either 3rd or 4th May is an issue?

Another option, if they fly on the day you are looking for:

Ryanair

Edinburgh to Frankfurt Hahn

Then there's a bus service to Heidelberg

I've done this option and its not too bad in truth