New Orleans - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Orleans

Ormond

I really fancy New Orleans and hope to be able to combine it with Memphis and Nashville in the not too distant future.

Out of all the cities I've been in here the Scottish accent got the most attention in New Orleans. My wife was going daft. There were so many local women blatantly at it in front of her. Keep a haud o' yer goolies doon there! :-o

Out of all the cities I've been in here the Scottish accent got the most attention in New Orleans. My wife was going daft. There were so many local women blatantly at it in front of her. Keep a haud o' yer goolies doon there! :-o

Sounds a bit like the time I wore my kilt in Blackpool!!

Sounds a bit like the time I wore my kilt in Blackpool!!

In all seriousness though if you are planning a trip then I recommend avoiding July and August. I visited April and the heat and humidity was intense for only April. I was speaking to locals and they were telling me that July and August are so intense that American holidaymakers stay away in these months. The temp maybe doesn't seem so bad but they were saying because of the 100% dew point there can be weeks where the sun is rare. Just severe storms and clouds. Very sticky.